Jim Brown rips 'reprehensible' NCAA

Advertisement
I guess none of these Fuchers realize these kids are getting a free education and meals, plus a monetary stipend each month. There are millions of students that would like to have the same privilege as a college football player.

Last edited:
If you give a kid $5000 a year will that stop him from taking a free car/meal/bag of money? You can never truly have "enough" money. On top of that title 9 problems and recruiting disparities...I can't see paying players ever truly happening, and if it does, it will only create a thousand other problems.

I guess none of these Fuchers realize these kids are getting a free education and meals, plus a monetary stipend each money. There are millions of students that would like to have the same privilege as a college football player.

These players generate millions of dollars every year.

The only students that can even complain are the ones helping the university do research that will generate millions of dollars.

The average Joe Schmucky student can't complain about schit. They don't generate on a per capita basis like the football players do.

29.gif

Advertisement
Jim Brown was a great football player.
Jim Brown is a great *******.
Jim Brown and Donald Sterling have a lot in common.
Jim Brown should be ignored because he hates everyone and everything, but himself.
Jim Brown is a racist, chauvinist and anti-Semite.
One of the, if not the, greatest RB of all time.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1025537/1/index.htm
He has only bolstered that image with recurring displays of anger, especially against women. Brown was fined $500 and briefly jailed for beating up a male golf partner in 1978, and he has faced assault charges against women five times over the last four decades; in the first four cases the charges were either dropped or he was acquitted after his female accusers decided not to testify against him.

Last edited:
I guess none of these Fuchers realize these kids are getting a free education and meals, plus a monetary stipend each money. There are millions of students that would like to have the same privilege as a college football player.

The only students that can even complain are the ones helping the university do research that will generate millions of dollars.

The average Joe Schmucky student can't complain about schit. They don't generate on a per capita basis like the football players do.

Okay then, they don't need a university. They can form their own feeder football league, pay for the league's organizational and administrative costs, collect a paycheck and pay taxes. If the stadium is on campus they can pay to rent the football facilities, or they can pay rent for or build them off campus. Think of what a deal this would be for the majority of players who never make it into the NFL! No more victimization by the colleges, they can only be oppressed as a result of their own choices.

Okay then, they don't need a university. They can form their own feeder football league, pay for the league's organizational and administrative costs, collect a paycheck and pay taxes. If the stadium is on campus they can pay to rent the football facilities, or they can pay rent for or build them off campus. Think of what a deal this would be for the majority of players who never make it into the NFL! No more victimization by the colleges, they can only be oppressed as a result of their own choices.

I deleted my post and defer to yours. You said it so much better!

I deleted my post and defer to yours. You said it so much better!

You had a great point. And there's so much more that hasn't even been considered.

Advertisement
This goes away when the
NFL creates a minor league like baseball and hockey.

This goes away when the

This goes away when the

Yup, universities go away. So what's the number of college educations that go away? Will the NFL minor leagues employ all the college players? If there are different class minor leagues will the salaries in the lesser leagues be better than the value of today's benefits? Who covers the exponential cost of injuries, the league? Will the NFL pay stadium rents in non-NFL cities--what would that rent be in places like Neyland Stadium, or Michigan Stadium? With minor league employment what new exploitations will we be hearing about? What kind of contract can an unheralded kid expect to get compared to a kid that comes with a big star rating?

On a more positive note I will laugh when the NCAA goes away and so does the booster money.

This goes away when the

Fan-Art-cheryl-cole-29846554-500-250.gif

Whats the average lifespan of an NFL player, 3 years? The minor league NFL idea would never work and has been tried on man different levels (XFL, Arena, etc.) It's never gonna happen, and for good reason. Most of these young men need to get their careers started and over with before they have permanent physical and mental damage that would also be followed by some sort of lawsuit against the governing body, for some sort of permanent damage caused by the "game" played. Minor league football won't ever be along the lines of the other major sports.

Advertisement
This goes away when the

35.gif

Whats the average lifespan of an NFL player, 3 years? The minor league NFL idea would never work and has been tried on man different levels (XFL, Arena, etc.) It's never gonna happen, and for good reason. Most of these young men need to get their careers started and over with before they have permanent physical and mental damage that would also be followed by some sort of lawsuit against the governing body, for some sort of permanent damage caused by the "game" played. Minor league football won't ever be along the lines of the other major sports.

You brought up such a great point about the XFL and Arena league. Everybody keeps talking about a minor league like its just going to start itself and like these players are going to get paid a bunch and have all these benefits. What they ignore is how many players will lose the opportunity to play and potentially showcase their skills (Over 100 DI schools vs 20 minor league teams). They ignore that the players in those other leagues don't get paid much and it would be regulated with contracts. No more boosters. No more free education. No more college football.

That sounds like a blissful arrangement you have put together in your fantasy land. What happens to these universities when they can't afford to offer certain degrees because they can't afford the tenured professors salary that the football team was paying for?

In the real world. There is this little organization called the NCAA. You may have heard of them. They have effectively prevented the type of minor league football program that you yourself have just suggested.

The only organization that could make that happen is the NFL it's self but why should they when they can just use the NCAA as it is now as a free developmental league?

You telling kids to start their own league is cute. Bless your heart.

Last edited:

well not all football players generate the same amount.

Duke Johnson will sell more jerseys than Highsmith I bet.

Advertisement

But I bet Highsmith makes more money for the school than Joe Schmucky accounting major though.

But I bet Highsmith makes more money for the school than Joe Schmucky accounting major though.

Highsmith was helping the school look like ****. That's about what his contribution added up too.

Highsmith was helping the school look like ****. That's about what his contribution added up too.

He wasn't ever developed. He played like crap. I don't blame him.

He wasn't ever developed. He played like crap. I don't blame him.

He sucked. Blame Randy. Blame Golden. Blame his father. But bottom line is he was not a good football player at the University of Miami.

Advertisement
Back