JHH Portal signs with SMU

Advertisement
Just out of curiosity...

What happens if they're nowhere close to ready because they're 18 year olds going up against 22 and 23-year old men, and didn't have the spring period to get acclimated? What if teams pound the ever loving **** out of the rock on us/we have no pash rush up the middle? What if because of that, we end up going 8-4...wasting Cam Ward and Restrepo's final season (along with a slew of other impact players)?

Then what? Whoopsies?
This is kind of the rub about these NIL high school deals. Like you want top ranked guys you gotta pay. But what about these dudes that have been on the roster? Then you get young guys that can’t hack it. Or they bail in the portal

It’s like typical corporate politics wrapped around a football team now ***** wild

Unless the staff has an improvement lined up, the DT situation just went from bad to much worse.

Exactly.

Bad for us, but I've gotta applaud this move by him. People won't say it, maybe they finally are as I haven't read past your post, but with what we've got the DL is a massive liability..

I talked about this not long ago. We'll be weak as **** in the middle of the field and people can talk about the edge (alright at best) all they want. Offenses will run them (DE's) up the field and dominate in the middle. I also said I don't believe we have the backers, at least not proven, to keep that from happening.

As for why I applaud this move for him, it's an intelligent one. He knows what he's got around him. It's now key that he goes somewhere where he has more help around him. Shine for a year and cash in come draft time. He was going in drafted here. He's not amazing, but he's better than he shows IMHO and that's due to a lack of support.

Not the news I wanted to hear.

Advertisement
If anyone is relying on Scott or Jones to hold their own and contribute 35+ snaps against grown 22 and 23 year-old men in Year 1…they’re huffing glue.

Especially without a spring. They’re already going to be behind when the Fall comes around. We’ve seen it every year.

Yup, sad but true.

Better portal it up or we're ****ed like Chuck.

I gotta say I'm very shocked by most of these takes...

It sounds to my untrained ear that a lot of you aren't trusting the evals & trusting the process...

You guys are questioning Mario & you better stop it or I'm taking all of your fan cards away until the first Fall camp scrimmage!

knock-it-off-stop.gif

Drink the Kool-aid & shut up!

Guess I'm the only one that doesn't think this is all that giant of a deal.

Like get CJ West and we are possibly net better given what Guidry wants to run tbh. Definitely better if we got Damonic Williams, though he looks locked to SEC.

Like I think JHH would be better if he went to Duke with Diaz where he could fill that Willis/McIntosh role nicely. But if we are going to be running a lot of 335 again, West is more important tbh.

And obviously we are going to be going for Barrow who is better. And we will see, hopefully some SEC DTs enter, that would give us a significant advantage

Advertisement
Average player but the best we had at DT. Not great- need 2 players likely now. Depth will be scary bad and thin this year no matter who we pick up

I agree but most of the DT’s in the Portal are average at best also.
And we have 5 average ones on the roster and 3 freshmen coming in. So I can see why he gone especially if he was getting the big bucks. If JHH not standing out roll with the cheaper options.

Advertisement
Our DL depth is suspect and I don’t think we are in the drivers seat for any portal DL prospects. I’m not optimistic here.
Just relax dude. The staff is fully expecting to upgrade at both DT and DE. Dmoney said it best on his latest podcasts, we’re in “win now” mode. He didn’t seem too butt hurt about the departures. The coaches will have no problem upgrading from JHH and Wayne

Just relax dude. The staff is fully expecting to upgrade at both DT and DE. Dmoney said it best on his latest podcasts, we’re in “win now” mode. He didn’t seem too butt hurt about the departures. The coaches will have no problem upgrading from JHH and Wayne
I am relaxed, just not confident. We’ll see - hope the coaches prove me wrong.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back