Jhavonte Dean

JMG

Sophomore
Kid deserves to be on the field. When he's played he has looked very good. Every time he's been targeted he makes a great play.

His speed and length need to be on the field.

I think he needs to get more burn.

Advertisement
Yea. He must be god awful at tackling. Coverage wise, he looks very solid. At a minimum, he needs to be in our dime/nickel packages, imo.

Agree. He satyed stride for stride. Were going to need him these next couple years. Hopefully we can get some big leads on a couple teams to get some of these backcups more pt

I noticed the same. Our main problem in the secondary is speed. Redwine, M. Jackson and Jaquan Johnson are all a bit too slow. Malek can cover, but can't find the ball. Dean needs more playing time especially against FSU big receivers.

Advertisement
I don't know if anyone else noticed this but they were taking Jaquan out and putting Finley in the game.

That's an interesting move from them.

Yea. He must be god awful at tackling. Coverage wise, he looks very solid. At a minimum, he needs to be in our dime/nickel packages, imo.

Mike Jackson is awful in tackling so that can’t be an excuse as to why he doesn’t play much anymore

I don't know if anyone else noticed this but they were taking Jaquan out and putting Finley in the game.

That's an interesting move from them.

JJ's tackling in space has been very meh, to bad.

I'm not sure he has the size and speed this staff needs with their scheme.

Advertisement
Dean, Redwine, Bandy, and Young look to be our best corners, followed by Delaney who played well last night. I know Redwine isn't the fastest, but he is quick and pretty good in coverage.

I noticed the same. Our main problem in the secondary is speed. Redwine, M. Jackson and Jaquan Johnson are all a bit too slow. Malek can cover, but can't find the ball. Dean needs more playing time especially against FSU big receivers.

young is just being cautious imo

let him calm down and get relaxed more and let's see what how goes

Advertisement
Back