Jhavontae dean impact

brock

All-American
Will be good for us next year....
6'1+ with great speed and coverage ability
[TWEET]856663816893018114[/TWEET]

Advertisement
he will be huge for us!!! Dee delaney will shut down wr1 so u have to throw it to the second or third wr. Malek young and Jhavonte dean will get many picks and will shut down everyone because the thing is they won't be guarding the best receiver!!!

Really sticky. Can't wait to watch him in our system. He, Young, Delaney and Bandy form a really nice, complementary quartet. Biggest question mark for Dean will be whether he tackles. He definitely shows attributes for coverage, and we can use someone on the outside who plays the ball well. I've talked up Young's ability to play outside for a while even though he's the size people consider a Nickel back. Delaney supposedly has great ball skills. I'm excited to watch surprisingly great DB play in '17.

Really sticky. Can't wait to watch him in our system. He, Young, Delaney and Bandy form a really nice, complementary quartet. Biggest question mark for Dean will be whether he tackles. He definitely shows attributes for coverage, and we can use someone on the outside who plays the ball well. I've talked up Young's ability to play outside for a while even though he's the size people consider a Nickel back. Delaney supposedly has great ball skills. I'm excited to watch surprisingly great DB play in '17.

Based on last year rumph will have his corners playing physical and I know tackling is a must for a db in diaz scheme. Excited to see the db group for sure

Agreed! Our whole defense will be awesome! If kosi comes in makes smart decisions and we run the ball well and if we can get some big plays on special teams from jeff thomas. we will win a lot of games. We only need to score 24-27 points to win almost all our games and if we get that and add a special teams touchdown it will b hard to beat us!!! GO CANES

Advertisement
For next year, Delaney is the key. Upgrading that one position by itself means we upgrade the entire backfield at each position.

For next year, Delaney is the key. Upgrading that one position by itself means we upgrade the entire backfield at each position.
Right. Especially since it made it even easier to move Redwine to FS. I'd feel better with a 4th Safety to Johnson, Redwine and Amari Carter, but I guess we can't have it all...yet.

Right. Especially since it made it even easier to move Redwine to FS. I'd feel better with a 4th Safety to Johnson, Redwine and Amari Carter, but I guess we can't have it all...yet.

I wonder how Finley did this spring?
Derrick smith is a sleeper too.
Rob knowles based on what diaz said seemed to have improved

Advertisement

Based on comments made by people watching and the coaches in interviews, I surmise Knowles is the projected 4th guy right now. We'll see what happens in Fall camp. Wish Jobe were coming in Fall.

A few months ago cats were telling me this dude will struggle & won't get snaps right away because he's not coming until May.

I kept telling'em he has experience, this isn't a TF, he played good comp at Blinn & yes he did start, he was in rotation with 3 other 4/5-star CB's & he also was a very good Special teamer.

Idc what anyone says, Young, Delaney, Dean & Bandy will be the primary CB's in this secondary.
Mike Jack/ Ryan Mayes ain't holding off any of the incoming guys.

Young gives us the versatility because he can play both Outside & Nickel CB, plus he can Blitz & will be used much like Elder was used in the Defense last year.

Delaney will be the lockdown CB who will mostly play the #1 WR, Dean will also get snaps on sets where we go with the NCB (Young/Bandy) & he'll be opposite of Delaney.

The trio of Young, Delaney & Dean plus the addition of Bandy gives us one of the best CB groups in the ACC.

Combine that with Quan, Red & Amari at Safety, and our Secondary looks really **** good.
Then with an Elite LB Corp & Defensive Line that is absolutely stacked, that's a top 10 Defense if they remain healthy.

Advertisement

Thought I saw Pete made the comment recently that Finley will be a non-factor this year, which kind of surprised me. Had hoped he might be a contributor. Still do, can never have too many.

Bro... How? How do we not finish top 10 in pass defense this year? I'm watching Dean and Delaney tape.. and they skills, hips, positioning, locating, and hands are insane.. If they tackle they will be sick... crazy part is Malik Young is out here feasting and has about 5 picks in just 14 practices including 2 when the lights were on (one pick 6).. then you got Bandy who gotta be the most dedicated true freshman I ever seen.. dude basically lives at UM... PLUS he has the size to play now.. then you add the improvement of Mike Jackson if one happens to get tired or injured.

Advertisement
Physicality is the only thing I think that will keep him off the field...He is not the greatest tackler...and Diaz said the 11 best tacklers will play... He has to get his strength up... I hope he is working on that as i type

this defense is going to give whoever the QB will be *cough N'Kosi cough* plenty of opportunities to get it right.

Advertisement
Back