Jerome Washington

KyCane38

Redshirt Freshman
Any news on how he's been doing? I heard the talent is elite but is he producing in practice like we could be a factor this year? And when I say factor I been 20 catches 5TDs type.

Advertisement
Fully expect Standish to be the breakout Tight End this year. Guy runs like a gazelle, but I just hope he's tightened up on ball security is all.

Advertisement
I don't think Dobard has any gazelle like qualities. He needs to improve his run blocking big time.

Coming out of spring, as the other posters stated Washingtons still very raw. The coaches seem to love his size/potential, so its a good chance if he works hard during the summer he could possibly get some burn. I would assume that Standish gets the start and puts up respectable numbers. Standish could possibly be on one of the All ACC teams at seasons end. It also sounds like Herndon will play a special role in the offense this season creating mismatches. So basically Washington may not see too much time this season unless he has a strong summer.

i would be shocked if washington didnt redshirt. very raw from what i hear.

He can not redshirt. He came in as a red shirt freshman. I would actually love to see him moved to SAM

i think you're wrong. he played on a club team.

No I am not. He attended a JUCO that did not have an official team, because of this his year playing for the "club team" counted as a red shirt year.

Washington's aspirations led him to The Gunnery, a prep school in Washington, Conn., where he played one year before transferring to Mercer County Community College (West Windsor, N.J.) in 2014. While there this fall, he played football at Gattaca, a junior college-like club team, and had vast success, accumulating 24 receptions for 510 yards and eight TDs.

Washington will have four years to play four, after having used what equates to a red-shirt year at Gattaca
http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news/article/-2902595838754296903/jerome-washington-juco-tight-end-and-nj-native-commits-to-miami-fla/

Here is his official profile where he is listed as a red shirt freshman.
http://www.hurricanesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28700&ATCLID=209897269

Advertisement
ok. i wasnt calling u out lol. i dont think he is ready to contribute yet tho. i think stan herdon and njoku will be well ahead of him.

ok. i wasnt calling u out lol. i dont think he is ready to contribute yet tho. i think stan herdon and njoku will be well ahead of him.

lol I didn't think you was. I don't think he is ready, I'm just happy that he has 4 more years to work on his hands.

I'll tell you this, he's physically impressive. Saw him at Miami yesterday. He's huge. He stood out.

Advertisement
Coming out of spring, as the other posters stated Washingtons still very raw. The coaches seem to love his size/potential, so its a good chance if he works hard during the summer he could possibly get some burn. I would assume that Standish gets the start and puts up respectable numbers. Standish could possibly be on one of the All ACC teams at seasons end. It also sounds like Herndon will play a special role in the offense this season creating mismatches. So basically Washington may not see too much time this season unless he has a strong summer.

What's the word on Njoku? Is he still expected to move to TE?

What's the word on Njoku? Is he still expected to move to TE?

He's already there.

Advertisement
I know he is the forgotten man but what O'donnell at TE? If Herndon doesn't shape up as a blocker then he may get some burn. Herndon and Njoku aren't strong enough yet and Washington may not be trusted at this point.

I believe Washington was recruited as a blocking Tight End, due to size he'll have packages that show his strong suit..

Advertisement
Back