Jerome McDougle/Greg Rousseau

Advertisement
Times have changed, but the difference between the guys of the past is the tough guy mentality at practice, in the locker room and during games. These kids don't seem to carry that mentality. Nesta the only one outwardly I have seem with that type of confidence.

Thought the kid handled himself very well, spoke well about balancing football and academics. Seems to have his head on right about the challenges he faces ahead.

I'm dismissing any toughness talk, since we have no idea how tough these kids really are until they get on the field and prove it, and also since its only an interview with you sitting there talking with a reporter who's never played and a former UM All Star who's already been there and done that. What is there to flex about?

I'll always remember how early on some thought Vilma wasn't tough enough because he was small for a LB, and soft spoken off the field. Well, he did his talking with his play on the field

My guess is that Rousseau and our other recruits are tough enough to win here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good to see JMac back at the U - one of my favorite canes. Had he not been a JC guy, he probably would have been one of the all time GOATs here. Super talented guy

J Mac had so many injuries that derailed his football career, but kicking that flag in disgust against TB will always memorable.

Advertisement
Times have changed, but the difference between the guys of the past is the tough guy mentality at practice, in the locker room and during games. These kids don't seem to carry that mentality. Nesta the only one outwardly I have seem with that type of confidence.
Realus George, Gurvan Hall, Gilbert Frierson, Brian HighTower, Brevin Jordan Do I need to keep going? They are savages with plenty of confidence. You must have been sleeping during recruiting season. DJ Ivey, Lorenzo Lingard?

Baseless commentary is the best kind.

Rousseau has a HUGE frame! Remember Calais Campbell came to the U at about 220. It'll be interesting to see how big he is in a couple years.

Realus George, Gurvan Hall, Gilbert Frierson, Brian HighTower, Brevin Jordan Do I need to keep going? They are savages with plenty of confidence. You must have been sleeping during recruiting season. DJ Ivey, Lorenzo Lingard?
Let me clarify for those who weren't around the Canes players or on the sidelines at the OB like I was during the mid 80's and early 90's. My statement wasn't a knock on these kids toughness, but times have changed, whats acceptable and so have the mentalities of modern day players. That said, these kids ain't talking about busting someone in the mouth in interviews, all out brawls in practice and fighting in the locker room and gathering around to watch. Their mentality and approach is different as is the game itself. That is fact not baseless commentary.

Advertisement
Let me clarify for those who weren't around the Canes players or on the sidelines at the OB like I was during the mid 80's and early 90's. My statement wasn't a knock on these kids toughness, but times have changed, whats acceptable and so have the mentalities of modern day players. That said, these kids ain't talking about busting someone in the mouth in interviews, all out brawls in practice and fighting in the locker room and gathering around to watch. Their mentality and approach is different as is the game itself. That is fact not baseless commentary.

Players didnt talk about that during interviews. Shut up.

You mentioned confidence now this that you’re talking about is very different. But regardless these boys are nasty and you can see it in a Gurvan Hall that wanted the responsibility of wearing Sean Taylor’s number and representing The Legendary Cane. I could keep going but that will do.

Can't speak for interviews but under Golden we had a lot of all out brawls in practice. CMR has cut down on that a lot but there's still some smaller fights but the coaches are much quicker to break them up. There were a handful of fist fights in the locker room too where guys would get bloodied.

Advertisement
Can't speak for interviews but under Golden we had a lot of all out brawls in practice. CMR has cut down on that a lot but there's still some smaller fights but the coaches are much quicker to break them up. There were a handful of fist fights in the locker room too where guys would get bloodied.

Hopefullly beating the **** out of O'nofrio.

Advertisement
Back