JERMAINE GRACE

Old school Canes moved speed forward not small backward. Grace is perfect LB for JJ, although he might be a little slow for those old defenses.

Advertisement
grace will be fine, he has the instincts. he just has to fill out a little. This is his first year of off-season workouts. guys like him and AQM will be much better.

Advertisement
he'd be great in a 4-3 scheme but these ***** coaches will make him fat and slow and out of position

Jermaine has the skills, he just has to learn the playbook and play. once he can play without thinking, he is going to reek havoc

Advertisement
This is the dumbest thread ever. JJ would never move a LB to S. He believe Speed was the key and our LBs under JJ were converted S who came w/ a thump. Grace will be fine and a beast, I'm sure of it.

Advertisement
JJ OR BUTCH WOULD MOVE GUYS LIKE HIM TO SAFETY

TOO SMALL FOR BACKER

BEAST AT SAFETY
JJ moved safeties to linebacker, not the other way around.
Give the guy a chance instead of making judgements off a freshman year.
With a full 85 scholarship roster for the past few years, Grace would never see the field until he was a redshirt sophomore, and people would be marveling at his play.

This.

Advertisement
Sharpton and McCarthy Had the Mike sowed up soooo.... yea

That doesn't mean you play a kid out of position.

I don't take a kid who lacks the hips for DB and put him at Safety just because I have good Linebackers.
We didn't need him at LB was my point. And Ray Ray was raw at DB. I believe he was too talented to leave off the field.
When i played NCAA i used him at outside LB. He had the size and athleticism on paper. But ultimately i agree with u

Sharpton and McCarthy Had the Mike sowed up soooo.... yea

That doesn't mean you play a kid out of position.

I don't take a kid who lacks the hips for DB and put him at Safety just because I have good Linebackers.
We didn't need him at LB was my point. And Ray Ray was raw at DB. I believe he was too talented to leave off the field.
When i played NCAA i used him at outside LB. He had the size and athleticism on paper. But ultimately i agree with u

I agree... We didn't need him at lb and let's be real he played quite close to the line of scrimmage anyway which was why he had a lot of tackles... The kid split time with Jojo due to Jojo being better in coverage... Ray played mostly qb in high school, I thought he was evolving well into a safety prospect from his freshman to sophomore year... Too bad his last 2 years was interrupted due to suspension... I see the point in making him a linebacker but he wouldn't see the field until like his junior year... A. Brown was our top reserve backer and eventual Big12 DOY but he couldn't beat out Cmac, Dsharp and Spence his first two years.

Advertisement
Back