Jermaine Grace

Advertisement
The days of players playing at 210-215 as freshman are over. We finally are getting back to some level of depth and every lb on the roster is at least 220 with some pushing 230-235 like Perryman and Kirby. There are just some positions where regardless of talent you need to be a certain weight in order to take the pounding of D1 football.

As Freshmen, Perryman had a listed weight of 217 and Spence's was 211. Grace will play plenty at any weight.

I thought Spence was really at around 2 bills though his freshman year.

I'm not concerned with his weight, in college the weight/height thing tends to be over rated. I just think we would benefit on defense and ST from his presence.

Agree on STs, he would do well here there. Also agree to a certain extent on the weight thing but feel that the player must first reach a certain minimum weight and 208 for a LB is to low. I still expect grace to play this year just below 220.

coach golden hates small lb's. grace has made it clear he has no problem redshirting.

Advertisement
Talent will keep Grace from a shirt. The comp between him and fig for OLB will be interesting

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back