Jermaine Grace

Advertisement
Very important, hit the weight room and get ready for football because we need you out there and ready.

Advertisement
Saw Grace at one of the scrimmages. He's gonna be bigger and better than most think... just my opinion.

Advertisement
Glad he and Burns have enrolled but Grace realistically needs to pack on about 20 lbs for him to see the field. If I am not mistaken he finished last season at about 210.

JG- whatever Swasey tells u to do, do the opposite and you might gain some legit lean muscle over the summer!

Advertisement
12 weeks to gain 12 pounds.

That's an excess of 3500 calories per week.

Given his body weight, frame, activity level, he likely needs around 3200-3400 calories per day to maintain his weight. In order to gain 1 pound each of the next 12 weeks, he'll simply have to go to about 3700-3900 calories per day. That's as simple as a 2 protein shakes of 60grams.

However, given expected increases in stress (starting in a new environment) and activity (he'll likely be working harder than ever before), the safest plan would be to add about 6-700 calories of excess per day. You're then talking about an extra meal or the addition of coconut oil to his diet. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the morning and 2 at night would net about 500 extra calories of "good" (Medium-chain) fat.

In sum, I'd expect him to be 220 by the start of fall camp and probably play slightly below that for the season.

Given his body weight, frame, activity level, he likely needs around 3200-3400 calories per day to maintain his weight. In order to gain 1 pound each of the next 12 weeks, he'll simply have to go to about 3700-3900 calories per day. That's as simple as a 2 protein shakes of 60grams.

However, given expected increases in stress (starting in a new environment) and activity (he'll likely be working harder than ever before), the safest plan would be to add about 6-700 calories of excess per day. You're then talking about an extra meal or the addition of coconut oil to his diet. 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in the morning and 2 at night would net about 500 extra calories of "good" (Medium-chain) fat.

In sum, I'd expect him to be 220 by the start of fall camp and probably play slightly below that for the season.
**** Lu!!! Back in the good ole days we just ate peanut butter

Advertisement
As Freshmen, Perryman had a listed weight of 217 and Spence's was 211. Grace will play plenty at any weight.

Love this kids game. Of all the allstar games i watched, he was easily the meanest player on the field. Dude was trying to take everyones head off and was talking **** after every play too. Gonna be another EJ, but without the bipolar disorder.

Kid can easily put on 10-15 pounds before September.

His only issue would be maintaining it, especially during the season.

Any chance you can move down there with him and advise him on his diet?

Advertisement
Back