Jermaine Barton?

Advertisement
Saw him at he gym recently in full UM gear, looked like he was working hard.

Good kid, Kehoe does not like him but Golden does. As someone who thinks Kehoe is the worst offensive line coach in FBS, probably a good thing when Kehoe does not like you. How Kehoe remains employed is beyond comprehension.

Advertisement
Good kid, Kehoe does not like him but Golden does. As someone who thinks Kehoe is the worst offensive line coach in FBS, probably a good thing when Kehoe does not like you. How Kehoe remains employed is beyond comprehension.

I'm going to try and keep this civil so what is your reasoning for saying Kehoe is so bad?

The quote machine? Dude is a joke and a ****** coach. He loves the U, but so does DBC. Would you let him coach?

The quote machine? Dude is a joke and a ****** coach. He loves the U, but so does DBC. Would you let him coach?

Again keeping it civil, can you give a reason with some substance as to why you think he's a bad coach? Have you worked with him, or actually been in a film room or discussed scheme?

Advertisement
If he's gone, chock up another to the list of reject 2010 recruits.

Kehoes line failed miserably in getting one yard numerous times, Kansas State was pathetic.

He took an All American guard and put him at left tackle, then took a freshman All American tackle and put him at number two on the depth chart.

The team that lost six games last year had a lot of talent and his line was consistenly inconsistent which was a big contributing factor in those losses.

Kehoes line failed miserably in getting one yard numerous times, Kansas State was pathetic.

He took an All American guard and put him at left tackle, then took a freshman All American tackle and put him at number two on the depth chart.

The team that lost six games last year had a lot of talent and his line was consistenly inconsistent which was a big contributing factor in those losses.

He put Washington at left tackle because his other 2 top tackles were injured. Golden confirmed this in his pre spring interview. None of us know what Johnson's deal was last year. Golden won't play kids that aren't doing the right thing so what do you expect? As for the short yardage plays yes we under achieved but I question the play calling Fisch in short yardage. Go back and actually watch film, most of millers long runs he goes untouched (osu, vtech, Ksu, duke, Maryland). He's obviously doing something right. And dont be fooled by an ACC player of the week award, tyler horn was average at best. So missing your top 2 tackles and a guy playing out of position and you call for his job?

Again keeping it civil, can you give a reason with some substance as to why you think he's a bad coach? Have you worked with him, or actually been in a film room or discussed scheme?

I am still waiting for Crispy Critters reply on this one. Nice pointed questions he SHOULD be able to answer. Guess not.

Advertisement
Kehoe had Bunche ahead of Henderson the entire summer, even before he was injured, and if he thought Bunche was so great why didn't he leave Washington at guard and start Bunche at tackle?

Where were the long runs against BC, a four win team?

If there was a coach to bring back it was Soldinger, not Kehoe.

No, I missed my assigned fan appointment to sit and watch film with him. I'll have to wait until next year, I guess. Kehoe's bluster is fine when the product he puts on the field underperforms. No one expected much from the line this year. 1 year is unfair to judge just about any coach, so I know where you're coming from there. We do have a long history to judge him as a coach and recruiter.
The championship line was incredible and he gets credit for that. He also has to take blame for the terrible lines after McKinnie left. The Canadian recruiting was head scratching at best. For whatever reason you want to give, the line got worse every year. Our OL seemed to get worse every year and we'd all joke about the turnstiles.
The lack of results didn't quiet his Rex Ryan-esque false bravado. As much as most of us were getting tired of all the talk and lack of results on the field, no one could question his love for the U.... Until he stuck his nose in the Matt Patchan recruitment.
I'd love to see him put another 2001-level line on the field, but I just don't see it. Maybe we can blame it all on Coker if he succeeds again. Then again, it's not like he went on to great success at another program. Until proven otherwise, I still think giving him a job was a big step backward

Advertisement
I don't know if it was Kehoe or what, but we were worse on the offensive line last year than the year before, with seemingly more talent.

Coach usually takes the blame there.

Same reason(though the opposite) why McDonald gets praised and is now doing more with the offense.

I don't know if it was Kehoe or what, but we were worse on the offensive line last year than the year before, with seemingly more talent.

Coach usually takes the blame there.

Same reason(though the opposite) why McDonald gets praised and is now doing more with the offense.

Bingo, JHall nailed it. We had exceptional talent last year and the run blocking for the most part failed us when we needed it badly. No excuse for it going in the wrong direction. If we have the same problems you seriously have to question the O line coaching position(More than we already do).

Kehoe had Bunche ahead of Henderson the entire summer, even before he was injured, and if he thought Bunche was so great why didn't he leave Washington at guard and start Bunche at tackle?

Where were the long runs against BC, a four win team?

If there was a coach to bring back it was Soldinger, not Kehoe.

just so you know, Bunche and Henderson were both hurt last year. Johnson was a non factor because admittedly he had no work ethic. Long runs against BC? Lamar scored on a 70+ yard run. How about the players on the field? Nobody ever gets on Tyler horn for being average or Jon feleciano and his false starts. At the end of the day Kehoe isn't the one playing. Quit looking for a scapegoat.

Advertisement
Back