2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me you're trolling. The amount of 1st WR's those ***** have produced is insane. Below are some I could think of.

Marvin Harrison Jr. (soon to be)
Jaxon Smith Nijaba
Garrett Wilson
Chris Olave
Ted Ginn
David Boston
Joey Galloway
Terry Glenn
Santonio Holmes
We could also counter that all those wide receivers span a lot of years over multiple head coaches and wide receiver coaches.

So there isn't some magic nfl fairy dust or some secret wr coach that lives under the horse shoe that has been coaching wide receivers for the past 20 years?
Who the fck is on Ohio states staff now that coached Joey Fckng Galloway? He got drafted in 1990.

But if you want to play that game. Name me all of the wide receivers from the tri-county area alone that have gone to different programs under different head coaches from g5 to p5 that have either been first rounders or dominated on the nfl since Joey Galloway got drafted. Including cane players.

Someone please make a list.
it would slaughter that osu list you just put.

I’m sick and tired of people blaming a position coach or a specific school instead of the talent of the player.

And this is what Mario wants to do and why he was brought in.
It’s been said here for years. If we can keep the sofla talent home we would dominate.

Even Shockey said in the ESPN documentary Miami would be in the championship every year if we kept everyone home.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's the key question.

Ultimately, there are a lot of possible answers to this.

If a kid is a 5-star WR, a coach frequently "sharpens a knife". Keeps a very talented kid...very talented...as he handles tougher competition and higher expectations. But, arguably, this could happen anywhere with a good coach, it isn't some exclusive trait among "perennial Top 5 schools".

TRUE development would be more like taking a lump of clay and turning it into a great sculpture. Lots more work involved, lots more teaching and shaping and craftsmanship.

Having said that, as someone pointed out earlier, one should look at ALL of the production by Taint/Hartline. For instance, if he has recruited 20 blue-chippers, and, say, 10 make it into the draft and 10 are busts, what that ACTUALLY means is that a top recruit has a 50-50 chance of succeeding OR flaming out. And at THAT point, it becomes arguable as to what "development" is actually happening. How do you take top-top talent and produce a WORSE product after a few years?

Ultimately, you would say "if a G5 Kevin Beard can improve ALL of his recruits, even if none of them become 'first round draft choices'", then he is doing his job better and more consistently than a guy who gets the absolute best players, and still has a coin-flip chance of turning out a draft choice or a bust.

Anyhow, that's my take on it.

Enjoy dinner, get some ***.

However, turning 50% of your 5 star WR recruits since 2015 into 1st round picks is not something you can simply pass off as well, some are going to hit because you get so many of them. Nope, not at that rate they don't. Not for any position, or any school. From some quick research, I found that 28% of 5 star recruits from 2015-2022 were drafted in the first round.

Enjoy your evening.

That's the key question.

Ultimately, there are a lot of possible answers to this.

If a kid is a 5-star WR, a coach frequently "sharpens a knife". Keeps a very talented kid...very talented...as he handles tougher competition and higher expectations. But, arguably, this could happen anywhere with a good coach, it isn't some exclusive trait among "perennial Top 5 schools".

TRUE development would be more like taking a lump of clay and turning it into a great sculpture. Lots more work involved, lots more teaching and shaping and craftsmanship.

Having said that, as someone pointed out earlier, one should look at ALL of the production by Taint/Hartline. For instance, if he has recruited 20 blue-chippers, and, say, 10 make it into the draft and 10 are busts, what that ACTUALLY means is that a top recruit has a 50-50 chance of succeeding OR flaming out. And at THAT point, it becomes arguable as to what "development" is actually happening. How do you take top-top talent and produce a WORSE product after a few years?

Ultimately, you would say "if a G5 Kevin Beard can improve ALL of his recruits, even if none of them become 'first round draft choices'", then he is doing his job better and more consistently than a guy who gets the absolute best players, and still has a coin-flip chance of turning out a draft choice or a bust.

Anyhow, that's my take on it
Makes perfect sense. I would assume that having a qb that can get you the ball and an oline that will block for said qb would be just as important in making a decision like this. Thanks for the response.

Ok so serious question from a fan. Not a football guru like you guys.

When y’all say “development”, what is Ohio state doing that others schools don’t do? What’s their secret?
False propaganda, that’s their secret. I prefer to call it, “The Brian Hartline mystique.” See, if there’s one thing The Suckeyes have done well it’s brainwash some of these High school wide receivers into thinking he’s Da Gawd of WR coaches, when it’s absolute bogus nonsense. There’s a bunch of good WR coaches throughout college football who are every bit as good as, I would argue better, than Hartline. We have one right here at Miami who’s better. They’ll never admit it, but it’s the truth.

Last edited:
We could also counter that all those wide receivers span a lot of years over multiple head coaches and wide receiver coaches.

So there isn't some magic nfl fairy dust or some secret wr coach that lives under the horse shoe that has been coaching wide receivers for the past 20 years?
Who the fck is on Ohio states staff now that coached Joey Fckng Galloway? He could drafted in 1990.

But if you want to play that game. Name me all of the wide receivers from the tri-county area alone that have gone to different programs under different head coaches from g5 to p5 that have either been first rounders or dominated on the nfl since Joey Galloway got drafted. Including cane players.

Someone please make a list.
it would slaughter that osu list you just put.

I’m sick and tired of people blaming a position coach or a specific school instead of the talent of the player.

And this is what Mario wants to do and why he was brought in.
It’s been said here for years. If we can keep the sofla talent home we would dominate.

Even Shockey said in the ESPN documentary Miami would be in the championship every year if we kept everyone home.

Did I state otherwise as far as the span of when those WR's were drafted in the first round? Last time I checked, no I didn't.

As far as magic fairy dust, I would say having 4 WR's taken in the first round in the last 3 years is pretty close to it. The total of 10 WR's taken in the first round since 1995 however, shows that regardless of the different coaches (OC/WR), OSU develops WR's into top picks. An undeniable fact. Which to me, is just as impressive.

And why are you moving goal posts? This topic was STRICTLY about how OSU produces 1st round WR's. Both recently and in there programs history. What the **** does other kids who went to school elsewhere have to do with discussion? Stay on topic.

As to blaming coaches or schools, what rant are you on dude? Again, why are you bringing up **** that nobody (at least not me) have mentioned?

It seems quite a few of you dudes veer way off topic and can't stick to the discussion at hand. That's what happens when you let your orange and green goggles get in the way.

I'm done for the night. Have a good evening.

Advertisement
False propaganda, that’s their secret. I prefer to call it, “The Brian Hartline mystique.” See, if there’s one thing The Suckeyes have done well it’s brainwash some of these High school wide receivers into thinking he’s Da Gawd of WR coaches, when it’s absolute bogus nonsense. There’s a bunch of good WR coaches throughout college football who are every bit as good as, I would argue better, than Hartline. We have right here at Miami who’s better. They’ll never admit it, but it’s the truth.
Thanks for the response. I kind of have to agree a bit with you.

You’re going to get a buckeye WR recruiting expert who’s been posting on here pretty upset with your response though.

Advertisement
Yea his Heartline is going to be a flatline tomorrow

Bars

1703031718217.gif

Oooh @Dwinstitles
Smell like you ate too many In and Out burgers
Level up homey. Its XMAS for us recruiting junkies

@JamesQuall This a nice notch in the belt Good arrest.

Did I state otherwise as far as the span of when those WR's were drafted in the first round? Last time I checked, no I didn't.

As far as magic fairy dust, I would say having 4 WR's taken in the first round in the last 3 years is pretty close to it. The total of 10 WR's taken in the first round since 1995 however, shows that regardless of the different coaches (OC/WR), OSU develops WR's into top picks. An undeniable fact. Which to me, is just as impressive.

And why are you moving goal posts? This topic was STRICTLY about how OSU produces 1st round WR's. Both recently and in there programs history. What the **** does other kids who went to school elsewhere have to do with discussion? Stay on topic.

As to blaming coaches or schools, what rant are you on dude? Again, why are you bringing up **** that nobody (at least not me) have mentioned?

It seems quite a few of you dudes veer way off topic and can't stick to the discussion at hand. That's what happens when you let your orange and green goggles get in the way.

I'm done for the night. Have a good evening.
So if osu has produced wide receivers since Joey Galloway then please tell me why?

Recruit great players get great results.
the same thing happened with the receivers that were catching passes from JB at lsu.
Or the players Saban got those 2 years.
Jeudy, Metchie, Waddle, Smith, Ruggs,
Who the Fck was their magic receiver coach?

Again this ain’t sht to do with osu and their ability to develop.
It’s the ability to recruit talent in mass. Just like Bama minus the Rings.

So again if Mario or any other Miami coach would keep the talent home it’s a wrap.
I’m not moving the goal post. You just have imaginary ones.

My point is about smith being a sofla player and if Miami had recruited at high level or had elite talent evaluators all of the following:
Jeudy, Cooper, both Ridleys, Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, could’ve been canes.
And that’s just me rattling off names off the top of my head.
Recently Hollywood Brown as well.
Maybe you didn’t know that Mario actually had both Ty Hilton and AB singed to FIU.
This what everyone is afraid of.
Mario identifying and keeping these dudes home.

Advertisement
That 'throwing money at me quote" is all over Twitter.. so it would really be something if he went anywhere but OSU now.

Advertisement
Totally agree with SWFLHurricane on this. Miami has produced absolute legends at the WR position (many of them).

To the Troll poster on here:

Fact 1: OSU struggled a lot on Offense this yr (even against weak opponents) and their Offense was dreadful to watch at many points throughout this season. How can that happen with so many “great” WRs and a 5-Star QB. Poor development, poor coaching & poor play calling. Fact.

Fact 2: Hartline is waaayy overrated in my opinion. He actually has a very low hit rate on his WR recruits when you do some basic research. The former WR at OSU (Zach Smith) produced a video recently about this. He pointed out that in the last 3-4 classes, Hartline has really only hit on 2-3 WRs out of about 12 recruits. He also highlights that MH Jr has by far the highest drop rate out of all WRs in the nation with over 1,000 yds. MH JR is genetically blessed & a freak athlete but he would have been that anywhere he went. What has Taint done to develop him as a WR? Not much honestly. His drop rate is waaayy worse than any of the other productive WRs in the nation (massively worse). Hartline is IMHO a slickster & lives off hype. Yes, he’s recruited well but his evals & development have actually been poor in recent yrs. Listen to the video from the former WR coach at Taint & then come back when you know the facts. Coach Beard offers substance. He’s a technician. He maximized the talents of our WRs this year & there progress was evident this year.

Fact 3: Five (5) National Championships for Miami (really 6 IMHO) over the last 40 years to one highly controversial one for Taint.

Fact 4: Taint was very good with Urban as HC. It is underachieving & trending down under Day. Soft in the trenches.

Mario is building a monster at Miami & we’ll come roaring back to prominence soon with all the impact players coming in this class combined with our existing talent. As the great Wayne Gretzky says: “In order to be great, skate to where the puck is going not where it’s been.”

So tired of Troll posters on here hyping Taint. It’s a good solid program that has underachieved for decades (with a few really good yrs sprinkled in). Urban is gone. They are trending down.

If he works really hard, Jeremiah will be a first rounder wherever he goes. I hope he chooses to show out for the Canes.
Fact #3 isn't correct. OSU won the '14 title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back