2024 Jeremiah Smith 2.0 ,,, Signs with Taint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I wondered where you had gone. It’s good to see you’re still on the board. Thanks for clearing that mystery up for me. I knew that you’re a vet from your high post count and reaction score, but couldn’t figure out who you were.

He was one of the 5 star secret visitors we’ve been excited about…. Elite human being, perfect cultural fit..

this kid's recruitment has a very "mature hands" feel...
meaning the kid seems locked in on where he wants to go.. but the adults in his life are making sure there his contingencies in place and re-building bridges as needed along the way.
kids get homesick..sometimes playing time does not come as easily as expected..whatever.
even if there will be no flip.. it is still critical to keep the relationships (and be no worse than #2)
especially in these days of NIL and easy transfers...

this kid's recruitment has a very "mature hands" feel...
meaning the kid seems locked in on where he wants to go.. but the adults in his life are making sure there his contingencies in place and re-building bridges as needed along the way.
kids get homesick..sometimes playing time does not come as easily as expected..whatever.
even if there will be no flip.. it is still critical to keep the relationships (and be no worse than #2)
especially in these days of NIL and easy transfers...
Ive told yall the whole time. I know the family.
This isnt their first rodeo. His older brother plays fcs ball, and his older cousin is Geno Smith.
They fully understand recruiting , i dont think we flip him but its good like you stated to always be in there chipping away even through the recruitment because he is one of those just like Innis last year.

Advertisement
This isnt their first rodeo. His older brother plays fcs ball, and his older cousin is Geno Smith.
They fully understand recruiting , i dont think we flip him but its good like you stated to always be in there chipping away even through the recruitment because he is one of those just like Innis last year.
Very true statement. I think he’s head and shoulders above Inniss. He might be the best WR to come of out Dade-Broward area in the last decade+

Temper Tantrum GIF

IDK. I am finding it harder and harder to believe this kid is even considering the Canes. Every opportunity he has he heads up to Tally or UF. Felt like he had to be pushed to take that OV. This isn’t the first time he’s been so complimentary of Norvell- feels more like Hykeem Williams recruitment as it goes along.

Norvell is a good coach. This board has convinced themselves he's not for whatever reason. He runs laps around Mario X's & O's wise. That's the unfortunate truth.
If you think this kid actually believes that… well idk man might be best to wait for the season which is probably what’s truthfully best for all of us.

Advertisement

IDK. I am finding it harder and harder to believe this kid is even considering the Canes. Every opportunity he has he heads up to Tally or UF. Felt like he had to be pushed to take that OV. This isn’t the first time he’s been so complimentary of Norvell- feels more like Hykeem Williams recruitment as it goes along.

I bet we don’t even know how many times he has come down to Miami.

If you think this kid actually believes that… well idk man might be best to wait for the season which is probably what’s truthfully best for all of us.
Idk what the kid believes or not. Yeah, you're right.

Just stick with OSU. FSU may develop him because of the offense but UF’s offense is pure trash and Napier will be fired end of next season anyway.

I think his order is:
OSU
Miami
Florida/FSU

We stay #2 as long as the offense gets on track. If it explodes and exceeds expectations, there's a chance of a flip but less likely if Hartline stays. The other two schools are backups. His brain tells him OSU, his heart tells him Miami, and the other two are in-state fallbacks.

Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 248797
I know some more well connected say if we show a pulse we have a shot but ****, it feels like anywhere BUT Miami at this point.
Imo he's just making his rounds and collecting checks. He seems like a respectable kid (don't know him personally), but I wouldn't say "anywhere but UM".

The bigger question for me is whether or not he's truly looking for Miami to have a good year and then what? It's easy to say that UM has to show a pulse, then I'll take them seriously. Especially after a 5-7 season. But let us win 9+ games with really good showings in our losses, what's the excuse then?

So because he has family that played he can't change his mind on where he wants to go🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back