Not open for further replies.
Canes fans to the rest of college football after we flip JJ

View attachment 258650

day ride GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I've known dre since we were all jits. Boys been a freak of nature since he was like 11.
All I know is one of the first times I saw Dre on campus (greentree), his mother (who if I remember correctly was a USPS worker and in full uniform that day, but maybe also looked like she could line up at WR) called him over and corrected something he said or did. He respectfully gave a nod and went about his business. That’s one of those moments where, if you could buy up all of a prospect’s stock, you do. An athletic freak of nature who has strong, no-nonsense guidance and is respectful? Chances are…

Did myself some homework on recruiting sites due to the excitement of this possible flip…

Smith is currently ranked as the #1 overall composite recruit in the nation regardless of position according to 247comp. He sits tied as the 3rd highest ranked WR ever since the year 2000… Outside of 5* 0.9998 LB DJ Williams (2000) he would go down as our second highest graded composite recruit in school history since the turn of the century…

Top5 rated composite WR recruits in internet recruiting era history. All of these guys were or are ranked either #1, #2, or #3 overall regardless of position nationally.

1 - 5* 0.9998 Dorial Green-Beckham (2012)
T2 - 5* 0.9992 Julio Jones (2008)
T2 - 5* 0.9992 Patrick Turner (2005)
T3 - 5* 0.9990 Jeremiah Smith (2024)
T3 - 5* 0.9990 Percy Harvin (2006)
T3 - 5* 0.9990 Whitney Lewis (2003)
4 - 5* 0.9988 Charles Rogers (2000)
5 - 5* 0.9986 Ryan Moore (2002) (smh)

Andre Johnson came out of HS just 1 year before the online recruiting site era and would be in this same category as he was one of the top overall in his class regardless of position IIRC.

If we do land Smith it is also noteworthy that this would be the first time we’ve ever landed 2x - 5* WR recruits in the same class ever with him and Trader… This would be absolutely monumental in the future of this program. Both local guys would have a huge influence on the future with local & national recruiting. It would be the modern day version of Highsmith/Bratton…

Advertisement
Bro! I remember when Dre played for the Opa Locka Hurricanes. He was always HIM.

Idk what OP talking about getting “molded” at UM. Folks gotta stop lying just cuz.
Best WR to ever suit up here and I’ll take it to the grave! Some people will say Irvin, Santana or Reggie which all can make a case but I’m still going Dre!

Did myself some homework on recruiting sites due to the excitement of this possible flip…

Smith is currently ranked as the #1 overall composite recruit in the nation regardless of position according to 247comp. He sits tied as the 3rd highest ranked WR ever since the year 2000… Outside of 5* 0.9998 LB DJ Williams (2000) he would go down as our second highest graded composite recruit in school history since the turn of the century…

Top5 rated composite WR recruits in internet recruiting era history. All of these guys were or are ranked either #1, #2, or #3 overall regardless of position nationally.

1 - 5* 0.9998 Dorial Green-Beckham (2012)
T2 - 5* 0.9992 Julio Jones (2008)
T2 - 5* 0.9992 Patrick Turner (2005)
T3 - 5* 0.9990 Jeremiah Smith (2024)
T3 - 5* 0.9990 Percy Harvin (2006)
T3 - 5* 0.9990 Whitney Lewis (2003)
4 - 5* 0.9988 Charles Rogers (2000)
5 - 5* 0.9986 Ryan Moore (2002) (smh)

Andre Johnson came out of HS just 1 year before the online recruiting site era and would be in this same category as he was one of the top overall in his class regardless of position IIRC.

If we do land Smith it is also noteworthy that this would be the first time we’ve ever landed 2x - 5* WR recruits in the same class ever with him and Trader… This would be absolutely monumental in the future of this program. Both local guys would have a huge influence on the future with local & national recruiting. It would be the modern day version of Highsmith/Bratton…
Crazy part even out of guys ranked thst high
It’s roughly 50% jag rate
Proves nothing is a sure thing

Crazy part even out of guys ranked thst high
It’s roughly 50% jag rate
Proves nothing is a sure thing
Yeah that is also crazy and you’re 100% correct. DGB never lived up to that rating. Julio obviously did. Charles Rogers was amazing in college but his off the field issues and injuries derailed his pro career. Patrick Turner was at best mediocre for USC IIRC. Harvin was incredible in college as much as it pains me to say that but he should’ve been listed as an ATH not a pure WR as he played different positions all over the field. Same can be said for Whitney Lewis he basically played just like Harvin but didn’t pan out at USC… Ryan Moore showed signs early of being great but never got any better as his career continued on here…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back