Jensen Beach DB Offered Today - Da'Quan Gonzales , 2021

Advertisement
Jensen Beach (Fla.) High School CB Da'Quan Gonzales picked up a Miami Hurricanes scholarship offer April 4.

He has over 20 offers now including the likes of LSU, Tennessee, Duke and Kentucky.

Will he be considering the Canes?

“Yes - it’s instate and it’s a great school, and my family loves the school,” Gonzales said. “My brother (21 years old) in particular is a big Miami fan, and he’s a big part of my life.”

Da'Quan says his reaction to the offer when he added it was “I was excited. And I was excited for my brother since he loves them.”

The brothers plan to visit UM once the coronavirus situation clears up.

For now Gonzales says he has no favorites and says he’ll narrow it down later this summer.

“A great football program and great academics, that’s what I’m looking for,” Gonzales said.

He added the Miami offer from Blake Baker on the fourth.

“Coach Baker said he loved my film, that I’m a great player and he’d love for me to come play for them,” Gonzales said.

Advertisement
Dude's a beast...I like him or D.Edwards as guys that can play all over the defensive backfield. Cover like corners, but ballhawks to be coverage/free safeties (like Knowles in that role too, even more so because he is a missile when he hits for a little dude)

Jensen Beach is a nice place, I have family up there. Idk about the strength of the teams he's played though. I know they've put out Jamien Sherwood & Manny Rogers recently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is how the bag process starts
Yep. I’m not saying he doesn’t like the Tenn orange, it just appears to me he’s attracted to the Tenn gr$$n. Who knows he may have family connections to Tenn. Lately though Tenn has been bagging big time.

Yep. I’m not saying he doesn’t like the Tenn orange, it just appears to me he’s attracted to the Tenn gr$$n. Who knows he may have family connections to Tenn. Lately though Tenn has been bagging big time.
You didn't hear how they are going to be as good as the 2001 Canes defense?

Advertisement
Serious Q, when a team like Duke sees the rest of that list they stop wasting their time recruiting him, right?
No I don't think so. Duke has been a decent ACC program with a solid staff. They certainly cannot compete with the likes of LSU or even Tennessee when it comes to facilities, potential exposure, level of competition, or the atmosphere and thrill of playing on one of the biggest stages in college football. However Duke does have a good amount to offer in their own right.

At a school like Duke the path to significant/immediate playing time and the chance to win a starting job are generally speaking not quite as difficult as Dukes roster isn't nearly as talented as those at LSU or Tenn. In addition to a better shot to play early Duke offers an academic program and the type of prestige and subsequent job opportunities that the majority of schools on his list can only dream of. Since the fact is that most college athletes never quite make it the NFL, the value of the degree earned is a crucial factor in the decision making process. It is true that a large number of prospective college athletes do not posses this level of insightful future planning mainly because they are still kids. The fact remains however that any recruit getting a full scholarship offer from Duke will be made aware of this. In the event that professional football is no longer a realistic option, have a degree from an institution such as Duke is one heck of a safety net/fallback option. Say a recruit has commitable offers from Boise State, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Arizona State, UCLA and Stanford. In that case that kid would be a fool not to commit to Stanford. The Cardinal have a very good football program but a degree from Stanford truly puts one in truly rarified air. A degree from Stanford all but insures the recipient the ability to command elite job offers.

Edit: Sorry for the doctoral dissertation in response to a basic question. It is a habit of mine if not a flat out addiction.

No I don't think so. Duke has been a decent ACC program with a solid staff. They certainly cannot compete with the likes of LSU or even Tennessee when it comes to facilities, potential exposure, level of competition, or the atmosphere and thrill of playing on one of the biggest stages in college football. However Duke does have a good amount to offer in their own right.

At a school like Duke the path to significant/immediate playing time and the chance to win a starting job are generally speaking not quite as difficult as Dukes roster isn't nearly as talented as those at LSU or Tenn. In addition to a better shot to play early Duke offers an academic program and the type of prestige and subsequent job opportunities that the majority of schools on his list can only dream of. Since the fact is that most college athletes never quite make it the NFL, the value of the degree earned is a crucial factor in the decision making process. It is true that a large number of prospective college athletes do not posses this level of insightful future planning mainly because they are still kids. The fact remains however that any recruit getting a full scholarship offer from Duke will be made aware of this. In the event that professional football is no longer a realistic option, have a degree from an institution such as Duke is one heck of a safety net/fallback option. Say a recruit has commitable offers from Boise State, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin, Arizona State, UCLA and Stanford. In that case that kid would be a fool not to commit to Stanford. The Cardinal have a very good football program but a degree from Stanford truly puts one in truly rarified air. A degree from Stanford all but insures the recipient the ability to command elite job offers.

Edit: Sorry for the doctoral dissertation in response to a basic question. It is a habit of mine if not a flat out addiction.
I would have said they would still be on him becuase lsu offer aint commitable. This guy is a take but collier isnt?

Advertisement
Back