Jenkins sent home

Advertisement
i still don't understand how these kids don't maintain their gpa. the classes they take are a joke, they have the best tutoring available on campus, and they have more technological resources than the average student.

While I agree with all of that, they have a lot of catching up to do once they get to a college campus. Even with all of that help, a lot still aren't the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree nor do they apply themselves in their studies.

they are, for the most part, in majors that do a ton of group projects and they generally get placed in groups with people that are going to produce a good product. my first year at um was in sport administration with a ton of athletes (which was the red flag that i should probably change my major) and i never got less than an a- on any group project that i had with one. this was during the shalala years too where the academic standard was "raised." you pretty much have to try to not make grade as a d1 athlete, and miami is no exception.

Advertisement
Scholarship athletes should be told up front that if they accept a grant in aid they are responsible for maintaining average grades and failure to do so will result first in ineligibility to play the following season with compulsory tutoring, or expulsion.

Somewhere there's a player that would appreciate the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship. Players too good to need the education should just try out to go pro.

Advertisement
Scholarship athletes should be told up front that if they accept a grant in aid they are responsible for maintaining average grades and failure to do so will result first in ineligibility to play the following season with compulsory tutoring, or expulsion.

Somewhere there's a player that would appreciate the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship. Players too good to need the education should just try out to go pro.

They pretty much are told. All scholarship athletes know what their GPA needs to be and what the consequences are for not meeting said standards.

Unfortunately, players need to go through the collegiate system to go pro. You can't just leave HS and go pro. There's a minimum 3-year waiting period.

Sounds like Courtel may have mentally checked out after the Golden dismissal. Not to mention he was passed on the depth chart by a true freshman. He is a Jersey kid and the Jersey guys on the staff will be gone.

I anticipate you will see Courtel possibly move on.

You usually don't see guys ineligible 2-3 years into their collegiate career.
And chuckles, could you be less informed? You have to maintain a certain gpa to be eligible. They all know this. And you can't go straight to the nfl. Jeez.

You usually don't see guys ineligible 2-3 years into their collegiate career.
And chuckles, could you be less informed? You have to maintain a certain gpa to be eligible. They all know this. And you can't go straight to the nfl. Jeez.

Yup, and Courtel apparently is less informed or has decided to ignore his responsibilities. [chuckle]

Advertisement
We don't get rid of Defensive tackles easily, especially Sophomores that have started for two years. Whatever it takes, we need this guy back with tutors in the Spring.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back