Jeff Thomas

brock

All-American
Shout out to him Man, he made big time plays when we needed it like that 47 yard touchdown , and a critical first down catch late in the game. He’s been coming up big the last few games

Advertisement
He's finding his groove at receiver, but I'd look for other options on KR. At the moment he is unimpressive there.

Other teams seem to always kick it to him and almost never to DJ.

He runs to the short side of the field everytime on kick returns- his right every time.

AS a WR hes starting to find his rhythm.... Burned that db on the td

Advertisement
He runs to the short side of the field everytime on kick returns- his right every time.

Yeah... He put a nasty move on the corner at the LOS.

He should only get better as the game slows down for him and he gains more confidence.
The last couple of weeks were a good start in the right direction.

Advertisement
I also noticed that he ran to the right side of the field and into traffic. It is likely a return right was called. When he started right and cut left into more green space he was able to use his speed.

So far I see speed but not the wiggle expected from his HS videos. Definitely not the Devin Hester-like player I was expecting. Nevertheless he is a freshman and I expect him, barring injuries, to be a great player at the U.

Not sure we'll see to much wiggle on that Hard Rock turf. He tried to cut one time and slipped up when he had a lane. Turf really needs to be addressed.

Advertisement
I don’t think he needs to kneel more returns, I think the return teams need to be a bit better on blocking schemes and tracking their man. He’s not getting lanes to even find.

That said, to date, I’ve not seen the “wiggle” or “elite” speed to make a Hester/Moss comparison. Not saying it’s not there, just saying there’s something that seems to be holding him back; it’s like I’m seeing 75% of the real Jeff Thomas. (He definitely outran Rosier on the TD pass) Someone else mentioned that he may be thinking too much...struggling a bit with the playbook...I don’t know. I would love to see him on a returnable punt to draw a conclusion, though.

Very nice player and I look forward to seeing what he does here. Gets separation.

Advertisement

If u look at the lead man the blocking is always to the short side..i think urban was one to popularize it, and we do it also but u kick to one side and have your players flood that zone.. u essentially cut field in half.. very hard to get returns like that.. unless your blocking takes you other way u have to run thru it..

Show me one time he didn't follow his lead block and ran to short side of field where blocking was set up wide.. he has a guy in his chest every return..

But if this is just a take a shout out thread n turn it to a critical one post.. cool by me

Im a big fan of Jeff Thomas. This kid is only going to mature and get better. He has made huge plays the last two weeks. His TD was huge yesterday. Now if we could get Mike Harley going look out.

Yeah... He put a nasty move on the corner at the LOS.

Did the same thing to Pat Surtain in a 7 on 7 setting. Left him standing still scratching his head.

The more comfortable Jeff gets the bigger factor he will be for us as the season progresses. By the time we play VT and ND, he should be a very viable constant threat that stresses their defenses. He can beat any DB in the country with his moves.

One of the best things I've noticed is he's a gamer. He catches those deep balls that many young guys drop because they have too long to think while the ball is in the air.

Advertisement
Back