Jeff Thomas WR position

canefan

Freshman
Banned
Stop penciling this kid in the slot.

He's the closest thing I've seen to DeSean Jackson's HS tape. Similar performance at an All Star game like DJax.

Jackson makes his living on the outside, no reason this kid can't if his speed is that legit.

Advertisement

He's the closest thing I've seen to DeSean Jackson's HS tape. Similar performance at an All Star game like DJax.

Jackson makes his living on the outside, no reason this kid can't if his speed is that legit.

Has anyone actually said he can't play other positions? Just because someone is called a slot receiver doesn't mean they won't be utilized elsewhere. Pretty much any wide receiver under 6ft. is going to be labeled a slot receiver, doesn't matter where he gets his reps. See braxton berrios. Kid is pure slot receiver, is labeled by everyone as a slot receiver, received too many reps elsewhere. Don't get hyped up about labels.

You do know pencils can be erased right lol

image.jpg

He's definitely the best recruit we have a shot at on NSD. He'll play early and often IMO.

Advertisement

only penciling in at slot as freshman is great way to get on field people on this board forget mullins who was a 4 star if I remember, and cager are gonna have a say in other spot opposite Richards, so fastest way to get on field is slot wr, although berrios is a solid slot guy truth is Thomas speed is game changing and playing slot when fast isn't a bad thing.

this team also landed a 6-6 wr in njoku so when they see a 5-10 kid they think slot. cause that's where most p lay in nfl, sanders with Denver is 5-10 and plays outside also but truth is this wr core is better then most think just lacked depth and to get on field early I expect Thomas in slot.

I agree.

He is the third best WR in the country behind J. Jeudy and T. Grimes

Thomas will play the Stacey Coley role next year if he makes it to campus.

Just get him out there. Period. He can return punts and kicks too like Roscoe and Kevin.

Advertisement

how about don't pencil him in till he A) Commits and B) is qualify to intend school here..

Advertisement
Why wouldn't you WANT him in the slot though?

You get that shifty dude matched up with Linebackers/Safeties in space via quick routes and bubble screens and he'd be a nightmare.

I'm sure they'll move him all over though. Shoot, our best slot WR this year was Njoku.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back