Jeff Thomas - can be a Knucklehead at times but he's a Dog on the field

sitzee

Freshman
He was called for an Offensive Pass Interference in the endzone that saved the set of downs and let us hit the FG before the half. Enos needs to start teaching this to the rest of the Offense. Better to be penalized 15 yards, than giving up possession of the ball.

If you watch the replay Thomas puts his shoulder into the back of the defender and refused to let him have a chance to intercept the ball. That's a heads-up play and just shows the fight in Thomas

Advertisement
It's called a football play that someone playing the game since they were 5 years old should make.

True, but too often, over a sample set of many years now, our players tend to not make those plays. It was great game awareness and a heads-up play that isn't going to show anywhere in the stat sheet. We point out the idiotic plays, we should also point out the really smart plays when they occur.

If you watch the replay Thomas puts his shoulder into the back of the defender and refused to let him have a chance to intercept the ball. That's a heads-up play and just shows the fight in Thomas
You mean like the announcers talked about for a while? Yeah, thanks for the brilliant analysis.

Advertisement
It was a big play in the game and a "bang bang" play. You have a split second to make a decision and it was good awareness. Nothing wrong with giving JT props. Lets not act like that is something WRs do on a normal basis whether its the norm or not. It was a game changer because that could have been a house call for a pick 6 and changed the momentum.

The interception in the Endzone could've been avoided had Wiggins been more Aggressive and played with the same mentality as Thomas

That was a GREAT PI penalty. Heads up play by a guy who is sometimes a bonehead off the field. I hope he can get his head right, but I think he is just a guy who makes 1-2 appearances a year and then vanishes into the night.

Advertisement
Was an excellent play by Jeff. The irony is though that he did the exact opposite vs UVA. He straight quit on a play in the end zone rather than trying to break it up because he figured it was picked. Then when the ball miraculously went right through the defender, he wasn't ready for it because he had quit and dropped a TD pass that hit him in the chest. Sh-t made me lose my marbles! But that was weeks ago now and Jeff balled out Saturday. So I'm trying to do my best Men in Black flash and forget about it. LOVED JT4s effort last weekend! Hopefully this will be him from here on out.

I've been harder on that kid than any other. It's obvious he has talent just needs to get his mental right. Kid did good Saturday.

Was an excellent play by Jeff. The irony is though that he did the exact opposite vs UVA. He straight quit on a play in the end zone rather than trying to break it up because he figured it was picked. Then when the ball miraculously went right through the defender, he wasn't ready for it because he had quit and dropped a TD pass that hit him in the chest. Sh-t made me lose my marbles! But that was weeks ago now and Jeff balled out Saturday. So I'm trying to do my best Men in Black flash and forget about it. LOVED JT4s effort last weekend! Hopefully this will be him from here on out.

The routes were totally different, no?

The routes were totally different, no?
Yeah, and? I'm just saying it was a night and day difference re effort on the exact same kind of play (breaking up a potential INT). Hopefully Saturday was evidence he's turned the corner.

Advertisement
JT4 can give you big plays, he can also lose you games by being a dumbass. If Miami had legitimate talent on the perimeter, JT4 would be a secondary option most of the time. As it stands now, he's 4th in regards to guys I want catching passes(Osborn, Jordan, Dallas are my top 3). I'm not a huge fan of guys I can't depend on, JT4 is and most likely will never be someone you can count on.

I hope he turned the corner, but we will know more once adversity strikes. He has a tendency to pout and quit when he doesn't get his way. Not a good thing.

Yeah, and? I'm just saying it was a night and day difference re effort on the exact same kind of play (breaking up a potential INT). Hopefully Saturday was evidence he's turned the corner.

I get what you are saying, but his positioning on the play this week allowed him to fight it off vs. being underthrown the previous example. I’d have to see it again to judge if the opportunity was there for him to attack the DB.

Also....the difference in a quarterback making the throw on the long TD between the two weeks is the difference in an I hate everything thread and an offense is growing thread.....

I get what you are saying, but his positioning on the play this week allowed him to fight it off vs. being underthrown the previous example. I’d have to see it again to judge if the opportunity was there for him to attack the DB.

Also....the difference in a quarterback making the throw on the long TD between the two weeks is the difference in an I hate everything thread and an offense is growing thread.....
No doubt on that last sentence. EVERYTHING looked much rosier Saturday because we finally gave our QB a chance to breathe.

The play I was referencing vs UVA was a strange play. I'm not sure Jeff could have broken it up as he was drifting away on his route, I was just struck at how his body language revealed he mentally quit on the play figuring it was a sure pick. Then what made it stand out was the fact the ball surprisingly came through and hit him right in the chest because he wasn't expecting it (because he had checked out on the play).

But whatever, I don't know why I'm having this discussion this week as I'm super happy for Jeff and proud of his effort Saturday. I just thought it was ironic the difference between the two. Like I said before, hopefully it's a sign he's turned the corner and this is the Jeff we'll see from here on out.

Advertisement
No doubt on that last sentence. EVERYTHING looked much rosier Saturday because we finally gave our QB a chance to breathe.

The play I was referencing vs UVA was a strange play. I'm not sure Jeff could have broken it up as he was drifting away on his route, I was just struck at how his body language revealed he mentally quit on the play figuring it was a sure pick. Then what made it stand out was the fact the ball surprisingly came through and hit him right in the chest because he wasn't expecting it (because he had checked out on the play).

But whatever, I don't know why I'm having this discussion this week as I'm super happy for Jeff and proud of his effort Saturday. I just thought it was ironic the difference between the two. Like I said before, hopefully it's a sign he's turned the corner and this is the Jeff we'll see from here on out.

Amen. All good this week. Let’s get Louisville.

I talk about this long ago .... I'm a film junkie! It's better in person if your attending games BECAUSE YOU CAN see how gifted this kid is JUST OFF WHAT OTHER OPPOSING DEFENSES DO TO TRY CONTAIN HIM. He still gets his yards being double, sometimes triple team in coverage. They play this man like HES- JT -METCALF! LOL seriously watch how they line up against him. If its man the have the db 7 yards off the ball with safety on top. His quickness of the ball is one of the best.

To me I think we should use him like how the Chiefs use WR Tyreek Hill. If coach Enos wants to use Jeff in space look no further.

True, but too often, over a sample set of many years now, our players tend to not make those plays. It was great game awareness and a heads-up play that isn't going to show anywhere in the stat sheet. We point out the idiotic plays, we should also point out the really smart plays when they occur.
Maybe one day soon a DB will turn his head around and try to locate a pass in the air!!!!

Advertisement
Back