Jeff Thomas and Harley

Advertisement
That’s play in particular was a great wrinkle by Pederson. I expect Richt to add a few this year similar to the VT game.

The only issue is you can only run those plays a small amount of times. The eagles tried to run that same play later in the game and it got blown up.

That’s play in particular was a great wrinkle by Pederson. I expect Richt to add a few this year similar to the VT game.

The only issue is you can only run those plays a small amount of times. The eagles tried to run that same play later in the game and it got blown up.
I agree, you can't do that all the time. But like you said Richt should add more of these type of plays. Handoffs, jet sweeps, quick slants when we are closer to the end zone could be deadly and higher percentage than what we have been doing

I agree, you can't do that all the time. But like you said Richt should add more of these type of plays. Handoffs, jet sweeps, quick slants when we are closer to the end zone could be deadly and higher percentage than what we have been doing

The one play that I can’t remember us running is a fake bubble screen and the blocking wr releases on a go route. With the amount of bubbles we run, we can hit a few home runs a year with that.

But absolutely I agree, with speedsters like AR, JT, and Harley there’s a lot that we can do with them as wrinkles.

Advertisement
You don’t throw fades to midgets when you have a bench full of tall receivers......had to shake my head every time we threw one to Harley.
yeah at least let them grow a little bit so they can hold their position, those throws didnt have a chance.

@Hidalgo502.JPG

Kids got brass. He'll hit the skiny post & the 9 out of the slot. He'll fight to the end. He's a dog. All the evidence i needed to see i saw in 17.

Our offensive pass game coordinator better not **** around & hester this kid. I have zero doubt he'll shape his body like Santana did under Moffet here. You can't teach speed no doubt, but the desire is the X factor. I hope it infects that locker room. Turn that room into a Dog Pound.

Harley has got potential & a good will in him as well. Kid will be a solid tool in that offense if the coaches do their jobs.

Advertisement

For the life of me I never understood why we did not run more jet sweeps, especially with Dallas in the wildcat formation. It just seemed every time we lined up in wildcat we knew Dallas was going to run it.

If our qb (whoever that may be) can put the ball OUT IN FRONT of our Wrs they will feast all year long. If the Qb continues to cause them to slow down or come back to it then the Wr #s will be average. It's that simple. AR, JT4, and several others can blow the lid off the top of the coverage any time they want. Will the Qb allow the secondary time to recover or will they be reading the back of our jerseys.

Advertisement
Thomas and Harley weren't used correctly a lot this season and yes the fade jump ball were ridiculous calls. I noticed that must of Rosier INTs came from passes thrown to Thomas where they were just bad decisions. Throwing a contested ball to a freshman 160 pound receiver against a 6ft 190 pound corner is not a good decision at all. In a lot of those situations Thomas simply didn't fight to either at least become the defender to stop the pick from an already inaccurate throw or make an attempt at trying to catch the bad pass. That obviously is something that comes with youth and I'm sure Dugans will work on that as well as strength and conditioning this off season. Personally I feel they should be going over the top working the center of the field giving the QB the best opportunity to throw a decent deep ball with enough strength to use our advantage of speed. With those two working on the outside at their size (height and weight) against much bigger defenders it allows the defender to make up for being beat from an inaccurate passer by using their body to Debo the smaller receiver.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Richt's offense include lots of crossing routes in the past? I wonder if we will see more going forward. Especially with faster and slippery guys, these crossing combos can lead to lots of open grass. You need to trust your QB to make the read thou since there could be a lot of traffic and guys you might not expect to be there.

I agree that Philly did a great job with this in the SB and in general, the NFL is full of these crossers. With a solid QB these are short to intermediate passes with big potential.

Advertisement
You see how much misdirection and confusion that play caused, op? yeah well, dont expect us to do it lol

great thread OP. Richt showed some great wrinkles in the ND and VT games. Hopefully we see more of that throughout the season in 2018.

his play-calling has been frustrating at times (red zone fades to shorter WRs, calling 35 consecutive passes) but with n'kosi or williams winning the job, we have to expect more accurate throws over 20 yards. i still think having a qb that can get the respect of the defense to connect on those throws will do more for us than anything richt does in terms of play calling. Thomas would have been frosh AA if he had a qb who hit him when he was open.

View attachment 58324
Kids got brass. He'll hit the skiny post & the 9 out of the slot. He'll fight to the end. He's a dog. All the evidence i needed to see i saw in 17.

Our offensive pass game coordinator better not **** around & hester this kid. I have zero doubt he'll shape his body like Santana did under Moffet here. You can't teach speed no doubt, but the desire is the X factor. I hope it infects that locker room. Turn that room into a Dog Pound.

Harley has got potential & a good will in him as well. Kid will be a solid tool in that offense if the coaches do their jobs.

another malik under throw that shoulda been an easy 6 and not leave it up to Botchley

You don’t throw fades to midgets when you have a bench full of tall receivers......had to shake my head every time we threw one to Harley.

And many times it would be against the other squad's tallest CB?! Outside of Berrios on occasion with perfect throws...it made zero sense, like maybe God forbid, we were out of red zone plays to call.

UM

Advertisement
Back