Jeff Thomas: An inside look at final days of his recruitment

I think he'll be able to play on the outside too like a Steve Smith or DeSean Jackson

Advertisement
Best player in this class if he comes. It ain't even close.

Kid is a 5-star talent. No doubt about it.

DeSean Jackson is also who he reminds me off.

Game breaker! A touchdown waiting to happen every time he touches the ball.

Day 1 contributor at the slot. Very confident about this one.

I'm trying to figure out why he's only relegated to the slot. Even Tyreek Hill and Desean Jackson play on the outside. I think most WR sets will have both Thomas and Richards on the field.

I don't doubt he can eventually play outside. Just saying with our current slate of receivers he'd be a contributor day 1 at the slot.

He and Henderson change the dynamic of the class and the "finish."

Advertisement
everyone upset about smith who we were never getting but this dude is a baller and i'm thrilled with this WR class.

harley and thomas were amazing pulls by this staff

[MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] What is your assessment of them 2? I've been watching film on Thomas I think he's the next Miami great. He raced Henderson at The Opening Finals and burned him along with Salvon Ahmed. His UA practice videos, camp videos, and highlights are nasty. He moves like De'Anthony Thomas, but I think he's faster.

Who's faster between him and Harley?

Thomas plays faster, imo.

electric impact maker day 1. Kid was the fastest player at the last Opening at UofO, ironically besting CJH and a few other guys.

Thomas timed a 4.32 there. Kid should be our PR day 1.

Advertisement
@LuCane What is your assessment of them 2? I've been watching film on Thomas I think he's the next Miami great. He raced Henderson at The Opening Finals and burned him along with Salvon Ahmed. His UA practice videos, camp videos, and highlights are nasty. He moves like De'Anthony Thomas, but I think he's faster.
One of the more unique players I've seen as a legit option for us in some time. I tend to look at WRs from the perspective of a DB and, as I've said in other posts, I think he's a nightmare for Corners, but especially Safeties. He's that guy who you have to overcompensate on your angle or be way off. He's also that guy who accelerates through his cutbacks. I think he's special and, as you may have noticed, I focus on how important he is to push up this class.

As for Henderson, as I said on another chat, he's the type of Corner who can do nothing for the next 2 years, go play in some small college somewhere, make himself eligible for the draft, and likely still be at worst a 4-5th rounder. He just has a crazy combination of attributes. I think he needs refinement, though. I've mostly seen him seemingly chase guys around like a spider instead of anticipating their moves or easily transitioning between WR breaks. He's just way too good of an athlete and a DB coach's dream.

@LuCane What is your assessment of them 2? I've been watching film on Thomas I think he's the next Miami great. He raced Henderson at The Opening Finals and burned him along with Salvon Ahmed. His UA practice videos, camp videos, and highlights are nasty. He moves like De'Anthony Thomas, but I think he's faster.
One of the more unique players I've seen as a legit option for us in some time. I tend to look at WRs from the perspective of a DB and, as I've said in other posts, I think he's a nightmare for Corners, but especially Safeties. He's that guy who you have to overcompensate on your angle or be way off. He's also that guy who accelerates through his cutbacks. I think he's special and, as you may have noticed, I focus on how important he is to push up this class.

The bolded is probably the most impressive thing about Thomas. The way he seems to accelerate out of each cut and seemingly gain speed is a thing of beauty

The bolded is probably the most impressive thing about Thomas. The way he seems to accelerate out of each cut and seemingly gain speed is a thing of beauty

If you go back and watch his highlights, he gets right up on guys before he cuts too, leaving them no chance. There were several plays, including in the UA game, where I swear you think he's gonna run into the guy and be tackled, and then he cuts at the last second and somehow isn't even touched by the defender. As a DB, the hardest tackle to make is when the guy is coming at you full speed and you're trying to break down and make the tackle. Thomas makes his cut full speed almost right into your body and you can barely get a hand on him. Most impressive part of his game to me.

Advertisement
Back