Jeff Badet

Let's worry about seeing who we close with first in this class before we start talking about grad transfers. Might not need one if we get thomas, njoku, pouncey, Harley and smith

Last edited:
Advertisement
Haven't we seen this guy recently??? Slim pickings lately. The last 24 hours has been almost as dead as the dead period.

We will know we are back when we don't have a thread about every FBS transfer and whether Miami should look at them. It can't come soon enough.

Advertisement
We will know we are back when we don't have a thread about every FBS transfer and whether Miami should look at them. It can't come soon enough.

Didn't say he was a take just asking people their thoughts on him . He's the fastest on the team. Special teams needs speed

Being a Florida guy he may want to come back to the sunshine state at this point I would say he should look at USF or FAU they will need a go to WR. FAU is probably a better choice since they have UGA transfer RB AJ Truman, FSU transfer D'andre Johnson, and Lane Kiffin calling plays.

Go Canes

I would certainly take him. 28 catches for over 620 yards. He's a big play threat and you can never have to much depth. We will certainly have scholarships left. He would only be a place holder for that scholarship if he doesn't contribute for the following year.

Already a thread on him

Didn't see it thanks. If I see a grad transfer in a position of need like to get others opinions on them not that he's a take

I've got no problem on folks posting news on potential grad transfers.
Perhaps it should be kept on one thread where we can keep track of all the names we come across.
Badet looks like the type that will transfer to UCF.

Advertisement

Believe it or not, this is prolly the easiest way to get a step closer....Top teams do it with JUCO, grad transfer etc....This is a new era.....I tried to tell everybody we cannot get all top kids from sfla to stay home right now.... take off those dusty Butch goggles ....wake up to reality.....way too many teams have invaded the area....built solid relationships with coaches, bags etc..Miami has to get kids from other areas to get back....This cycle we need to go OOS , JUCO and transfers to piece it together.....nothing wrong with that...If nothing else it adds solid depth which is very important.

Being a Florida guy he may want to come back to the sunshine state at this point I would say he should look at USF or FAU they will need a go to WR. FAU is probably a better choice since they have UGA transfer RB AJ Truman, FSU transfer D'andre Johnson, and Lane Kiffin calling plays.

Go Canes

[video=youtube_share;H8UkqE7klUw]https://youtu.be/H8UkqE7klUw[/video]

IIRC from the other thread on this guy, I think a couple of guys here said they seen him play and he has problems with drops.

I know what you mean but programs like Alabama, Georgia, uf, Oklahoma, USC, Michigan and others have welcomed grad transfers....if it is good enough for them...

Advertisement
If we miss on Thomas and Smith this guy would be a major pickup...I'd actually get on it right away!

Even if we get them we should pick him up for depth and experience. We have open scholarships that will not be used this recruiting cycle due to high attrition, under recruiting by golden, and sanctions. Obviously we shouldn't recruit anyone to fill it as they hold up a spot for 4-5 years.

However, grad transfers are low risk. They can only hold a spot for one year maximum, and have experience to immediately contribute. Thus, in our situation with scholarships that will not be filled there is no opportunity cost, and consequently only upside. As a result, he's a definite take no no matter who we recruit

Wouldn't be surprised to see 3 - 5 grad transfers between wr,db and ol

Advertisement
Dude has horrible hands. My parents went to UK and I watch all UK games and this kid never makes the easy catch but catches the insane balls . Dude will drop 2 sure fire TDs then make a highlight reel TD catch .Give me Pouncy and Thomas to go with what we got . If we can add them and still get this kid then that's ok but he would be the 6th or 7th best WR on the roster.

I feel sorry for you watching that trash program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL under Brooks they were very decent and made bowls like 4 years in a row and beat teams like FSU in those games. But yes under Stoops up until this year they had been trash as he has had to build that program and they will have a top 25 recruiting class this year which for UK is bonkers. This year they were **** good at the end of the year as witnessed by beating UL.

Also to the other poster - Berrios is better then this kid . I bet Berrios has a great year next year as the talent is there he just hasn't flashed the past 2 seasons like he did as a freshman . He should be nowhere near punt returns but that ain't his fault , that is the coaches fault.

Last edited:
Dude has horrible hands. My parents went to UK and I watch all UK games and this kid never makes the easy catch but catches the insane balls . Dude will drop 2 sure fire TDs then make a highlight reel TD catch .Give me Pouncy and Thomas to go with what we got . If we can add them and still get this kid then that's ok but he would be the 6th or 7th best WR on the roster.

I feel sorry for you watching that trash program.

LOL under Brooks they were very decent and made bowls like 4 years in a row and beat teams like FSU in those games. But yes under Stoops up until this year they had been trash as he has had to build that program and they will have a top 25 recruiting class this year which for UK is bonkers. This year they were **** good at the end of the year as witnessed by beating UL.

Also to the other poster - Berrios is better then this kid . I bet Berrios has a great year next year as the talent is there he just hasn't flashed the past 2 seasons like he did as a freshman . He should be nowhere near punt returns but that ain't his fault , that is the coaches fault.

Don't try and build up UK lol just stop. UL wasn't very good the back half because teams figured them out. One trick pony.

I would take him strictly for potential KR/PR & depth purposes...

The fact he's a grad transfer & can play right away makes him worthy of a look imo...

I would take Badet over Corey Holmes or Shaquery Wilson honestly.

But, it's still real early & they'll be a bunch more Grad kids that will be looking to transfer between now & Fall camp, dozens of names will pop up.

I would like a transfer OL & CB too for depth, I'm not as worried about WR as everyone else is.

Advertisement
Back