Jedd Fisch to UCLA

Fisch is a **** good playcaller, but he isn't an elite recruiter. Most really good playcallers aren't great recruiters, for whatever reason. I don't blame Jedd for leaving Michigan, Harbaugh was running the show, and Fisch was just a glorified QB coach. He can go over to UCLA, ball out with Rosen, and maybe get a chance at his own gig down the road.

Isn't he actually a **** good play designer? Don't recall him being a good play caller anywhere.

he lasted one season for the jags

Advertisement
Fisch is a **** good playcaller, but he isn't an elite recruiter. Most really good playcallers aren't great recruiters, for whatever reason. I don't blame Jedd for leaving Michigan, Harbaugh was running the show, and Fisch was just a glorified QB coach. He can go over to UCLA, ball out with Rosen, and maybe get a chance at his own gig down the road.

Isn't he actually a **** good play designer? Don't recall him being a good play caller anywhere.

he lasted one season for the jags

he was with the jags. hardly a barometer for anyone.

fisch made jacory and snickers look like competent quarterbacks during his tenure. morris went from potential early-rounder to crap when jedd left. and before anyone repeats the "but he played injured" card, a gimpy ankle doesn't tell you to throw into triple coverage.

The legend of Dedd Fisch continues. I'm sure his passing game will be just as prolific at UCLA as it was at Michigan.

probably has more to do with the lack of offensive talent the U of M has....

Fisch wasn't even the OC at Michigan though.. so i don't really get what that has to do with anything. Fisch made Jacory look good, and made Morris look like the next coming until Coley took over.

Passing game coordinator...but have you seen that QB? Or those putrid receivers that can't catch a cold in December??

Yeah yeah Fisch helped Jacory out lol yall act like he was the only OC that could do it. Jacory was good until he got to UM under all the incompetence he had coaching him. All it took was an OC with a clue that didnt want Jacory throwing hailmarys every play, not that impressed.

I remember Jedd Fisch not knowing how to call a play that could convert a 3rd and short consistently either

Do they have any RBs we can scoop? Because, if we know anything, those guys will be abandoned when they should be used most. Otherwise, Fisch is solid.

Advertisement
fisch made jacory and snickers look like competent quarterbacks during his tenure.

Yup...big difference between Him, & Richt insisting Kaaya run a naked bootleg into the teeth of blitz vs FSU.

Yeah yeah Fisch helped Jacory out lol yall act like he was the only OC that could do it. Jacory was good until he got to UM under all the incompetence he had coaching him. All it took was an OC with a clue that didnt want Jacory throwing hailmarys every play, not that impressed.

I remember Jedd Fisch not knowing how to call a play that could convert a 3rd and short consistently either

This right here. Jacory's issue was Whipple insisted call deep shots with 4th him. Not that he couldn't do it but teams knew that's what we wanted to do. Fisch simply called a more balance passing attack with Jacory. He didn't reinvent the wheel or anything.

Whipple's problem was He confused Jacory with Dan Fouts. That offense required the OLmen to block 2 long...Jacory takin' 7 step drops...LOL.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back