JC Jackson??

Munderwood

Recruit
I was wondering if there was any new info on J.C. Jackson ( I believe is his name) the CB that got canned from UF and was in JUCO now? Isn't he eligible to transfer out to a D-1 school. Last I read was he wanted to come back to the state of FLA.

Advertisement
I was wondering if there was any new info on J.C. Jackson ( I believe is his name) the CB that got canned from UF and was in JUCO now? Isn't he eligible to transfer out to a D-1 school. Last I read was he wanted to come back to the state of FLA.

In the process of converting to Mormonism.
Will play for BYU in a couple of years after serving his mission.

Advertisement
Pete said he thinks its a longshot.
I hope the Canes keep fighting for him, too much talent to just let go to USCe.

I think it's a pretty easy situation for him to go to South Carolina ... Same position coach and same HC he trusted the first time. And from what I read on these boards, they fought to keep him in school at Florida.

As for folks who might use our depth chart to make our case ... He'll start at South Carolina from day 1, too.

Objectively ... It might not be a bad idea for him to stay out of Florida.

But as a Miami fan, I really wish Edge and the kid's family had more pull to get him to the Canes. If I remember his recruiting correctly, I thought there was a rumor about his dad being a Miami fan ...

There is a really helpful thread about this on the recruiting board.

Advertisement

I think it's a pretty easy situation for him to go to South Carolina ... Same position coach and same HC he trusted the first time. And from what I read on these boards, they fought to keep him in school at Florida.

As for folks who might use our depth chart to make our case ... He'll start at South Carolina from day 1, too.

But as a Miami fan, I really wish Edge and the kid's family had more pull to get him to the Canes. If I remember his recruiting correctly, I thought there was a rumor about his dad being a Miami fan ...

Pretty much sums it up. It sucks but it doesn't seem like he is coming here. I just can't wrap my brain around why kids still want to play for that mediocre stooge Muschump. What on earth is the appeal?

Pretty much sums it up. It sucks but it doesn't seem like he is coming here. I just can't wrap my brain around why kids still want to play for that mediocre stooge Muschump. What on earth is the appeal?

Maybe he has a big one like Tommy Lee.

Maybe he has a big one like Tommy Lee.
Ah! Yes of course! That must be it! How silly of me!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Waiting on his grades, because if he can't transfer in time for fall, we will pass. So I heard that on the grapevine.

Hope that's the case and I agree with the other posters, why would he want to play for that stooge Muschump? I'm going to stop trying to rationalize kids decisions and recruiting in general.

PB Post has a quote attributed to Jackson saying he "wouldn't mind going to Miami" and "it's back home." No idea when it was said, but here's the post - Could CB J.C. Jackson, Miami Hurricanes be a match? | Canes Watch

Still seems like there are some hurdles - grades/offer and selecting us. But it would be HUGE. "The 247Sports affiliate covering UF, citing sources close to the program, called him 'one of the best pure athletes to come through Florida in years.'"

Advertisement
Back