JC,HESTER,GAYOT,BETHEL,MAYES:SCARY!

AlGolden

Recruit
Uh oh! LETS GO CANES! We need every good body on defense. We need them all! Make it happen. They will all play if they work.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We gotta get 2 safeties in this class. We cannot go into the season having just 3 safeties on schollie.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not every player is gonna be a stud. For all we know a player like Mayes will provide solid depth in his tenure. And that's alright.

And I'm not saying he can't be better than that.

mays and gayot not so much... JC is the truth

i agree you cant teach athleticism. but just because they aren't combine kings don't mean they aren't just important

But a couple of important things to note about mayes is he may be 6'2 but he has slow heavy feet and stiff hips. As a db that is two of the most important things to have. Also his ball skills on attacking the ball is questionable. Not trying to dog him but if jc and hester comes I just don't see him fitting in the game plan.

Not every player is gonna be a stud. For all we know a player like Mayes will provide solid depth in his tenure. And that's alright.

And I'm not saying he can't be better than that.
308.gif

Advertisement

i agree you cant teach athleticism. but just because they aren't combine kings don't mean they aren't just important

But a couple of important things to note about mayes is he may be 6'2 but he has slow heavy feet and stiff hips. As a db that is two of the most important things to have. Also his ball skills on attacking the ball is questionable. Not trying to dog him but if jc and hester comes I just don't see him fitting in the game plan.

S 2 DEON BUSH –OR– 6-1, 203, So.
22 KACY RODGERS II 6-2, 212, Sr.

S 26 RAYSHAWN JENKINS –OR– 6-1, 208, So.
30 AJ HIGHSMITH 6-0, 208, Sr.

Brick by brick

S 2 DEON BUSH –OR– 6-1, 203, So.
22 KACY RODGERS II 6-2, 212, Sr.

S 26 RAYSHAWN JENKINS –OR– 6-1, 208, So.
30 AJ HIGHSMITH 6-0, 208, Sr.

Brick by brick

Bush and Jenkins have quick twitch muscles and good feet but if you look at highsmith we all seen the result of what bad feet and no ball attacking skills can do

We gotta get 2 safeties in this class. We cannot go into the season having just 3 safeties on schollie.

We have 3 scholarship safeties returning
1. Deon Bush SO
2. Rayshawn Jenkins SO
3. Jamal Carter FR

We currently have 3 safeties committed
1. Marques Gayot
2. Trayone Gray (rumored grade issues)
3. Ryan Mayes

We are also in great shape for 4 more safeties
1. Kiy Hester 4 star (in his top 2)
2. Darvon Henry 4 star (in his top 5)
3. Daejuan Funderburk 3 star (in his top 2)
4. Tre Neal 2 star (in his top 3)

This staff is doing a great job at recruiting the safety position. If they close with Hester that will be the icing on the cake.

Advertisement
Deon had a tough year...didn't have all his explosiveness and strength yet coming back from that hernia surgery and then struggled through minor aggravating injuries on top of that. Guarantee you see a big difference in play out of him next year and that will help alot on our overall d. I am excited for Gayot and Hester potentially coming in and adding key depth though.

I don't understand why all these people think Gayot is going to turn into a LB. Yes he's a big kid and it might happen, but leave him at safety and see happens. Kid has a knack for the ball lays the wood, no mercy if he gets the chance and we need a safety like that.

Advertisement
Back