2024 JC Evans QB from Central (via San Antonio)

Advertisement
Advertisement

The San Antonio, Texas, native recently made the move to Miami and is looking to lead the Rockets to their fifth consecutive state title this upcoming fall. Standing at 6-foot-3, 180 pounds, Evans has had prior relationships with new Hurricanes offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson dating back to their time in the Lone Star State.

“He recruited me at Houston as well, and I got to talk with him at the Junior Day,” Evans said. “Now that he’s down there after I just made the transfer to Miami Central, it kind of works out good for me.”

Dawson has continued to pursue Evans since moving to Miami, which the Texas native regards highly.

“I feel like that’s love right there,” Evans said. “I knew he liked what he saw in Houston, and now that he’s in Miami and doing the same thing, it just shows that he likes what he sees. I hope I can get to know him more and coach Cristobal as well.”

-

Evans has received interest and offers from the likes of Louisville, Oregon State, Appalachian State, and UTSA and explained what he is looking for in a potential program.

“I mainly just want to go where I’m wanted,” Evans said. “Some people go to college for the name or just want to play at a big school, but I’m just focused on going where I’m wanted.”

The list of Miami Central players to don the orange and green is long, and Evans believes that now that he is a Rocket, it will be easier to connect and build his relationship with the Canes.

“I think it definitely does,” Evans said. “Rueben Bain just enrolled here, and I know LaWayne McCoy also has an offer here, so I think being at Miami Central helps build that bond, and I’m excited about this upcoming season as well.”

- a few quotes and pieces that stand out.

Advertisement
The San Antonio, Texas, native recently made the move to Miami and is looking to lead the Rockets to their fifth consecutive state title this upcoming fall. Standing at 6-foot-3, 180 pounds, Evans has had prior relationships with new Hurricanes offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson dating back to their time in the Lone Star State.

“He recruited me at Houston as well, and I got to talk with him at the Junior Day,” Evans said. “Now that he’s down there after I just made the transfer to Miami Central, it kind of works out good for me.”

Dawson has continued to pursue Evans since moving to Miami, which the Texas native regards highly.
If he gets an offer, I'm adding him to the TX offer thread given their previous recruiting relationship in TX

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot 2023-04-02 at 9.15.49 PM.png

Posted this in the Hariston thread but Elliot views Evans as a possible P5 candidate.

Currently holds offers from App State, UTSA and Incarnate Word. Looks like he's in contact with Oregon St as well.

Advertisement
Back