Jaylan Knighton Talks Top Schools, Sets Decision Date

View as article
Advertisement
He is going to flip after we win 9-10 games and FSU wins 6-7 games?

Ron Zook was kicking our *** on the trail while we were the top program in the country and he was in the middle of burning what Spurrier built to the ground.

That’s how recruiting works. “Yes, but at least I win” doesn’t work when you’re talking about kids trying to build an intimate relationship with someone they are going to spend the next 3 to 4 years with. Some coaches got it and have you saying, “I love him” after one meeting, others are asking you, “what could I have done different?” after you dump them for the former.

There’s a reason why Gundy and Patterson have never taken a recruiting step forward despite all their winning. They aren’t sellers. Don’t have the personality for it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I feel like all these kids saying "FSU is their leader" are just saying it so other schools can push harder for them.

Ron Zook was kicking our *** on the trail while we were the top program in the country and he was in the middle of burning what Spurrier built to the ground.

That’s how recruiting works. “Yes, but at least I win” doesn’t work when you’re talking about kids trying to build an intimate relationship with someone they are going to spend the next 3 to 4 years with. Some coaches got it and have you saying, “I love him” after one meeting, others are asking you, “what could I have done different?” after you dump them for the former.

There’s a reason why Gundy and Patterson have never taken a recruiting step forward despite all their winning. They aren’t sellers. Don’t have the personality for it.

Yup. Recruiting is sales, like it or not. Some people are really good at it and some people aren't very good (and frequently hate that part of their job).

Winning helps, bags help, a nice campus and nice weather frequently help. But in the end, you have to sell the kid and make him feel good about the decision he's making.

Advertisement
Stop it.
This is an evaluation after eating sour grapes. He's nowhere near Knighton's level.
no its not, all i'm doing is looking at their tapes. Knighton is faster and a little bigger, but Parrish has better vision and though knighton has wiggle Parrish is more elusive. That's just my opinion though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back