Jayden Wayne to the portal

Advertisement
How so? It would preclude us from being active in the portal. If we wait until the summer, we can be active in the portal.
We are talking by each other. You want the roster open as quickly as you can. They have a number in mind.

I think this happened faster with Wayne than it will happen at most programs.

I don’t see many schools wanting to part ways with a top 100 player after 1 year. Probably after 2-3

But we also did it with Acheampong. You can tell they seem to know how it’s going to go pretty quickly. I’m more worried about our evaluations.
We didn't force this with Jaden. Jaden isn't leaving because of nil or because we want him to. He's leaving because his work ethic didn't match what we demanded and as a result other people were getting burn over him. In his eyes that top 100 label means he should get those reps. Plenty of people will tell y'all whatever. But with this it really is that simple. We've gone into needing to see more out of him since the day he first arrived. When he matures a lil more he could become a **** good player. As of right now his work ethic doesn't cut it and he's somewhat of a tweener as a result. He's too big and slow for end and he isn't making the gains necessary to take over at tackle full time. Time doesn't change that issue. Maturity does. Past that I'd hope everyone understands in an ideal world we're trying to get to where this year's team is built to win now. In order to fill the gaps we do have though than some tough decisions needed to be made. Welcome to the world of big boy football.

We didn't force this with Jaden. Jaden isn't leaving because of nil or because we want him to. He's leaving because his work ethic didn't match what we demanded and as a result other people were getting burn over him. In his eyes that top 100 label means he should get those reps. Plenty of people will tell y'all whatever. But with this it really is that simple. We've gone into needing to see more out of him since the day he first arrived. When he matures a lil more he could become a **** good player. As of right now his work ethic doesn't cut it and he's somewhat of a tweener as a result. He's too big and slow for end and he isn't making the gains necessary to take over at tackle full time. Time doesn't change that issue. Maturity does. Past that I'd hope everyone understands in an ideal world we're trying to get to where this year's team is built to win now. In order to fill the gaps we do have though than some tough decisions needed to be made. Welcome to the world of big boy football.

This is (at least) the second post you've cited Wayne's substandard work ethic. Meanwhile, @DMoney stated yesterday Wayne had "good work ethic":

Can either of you elaborate? It's difficult to reconcile these two statements from two people close to the program (especially where your takes on this move are otherwise similar).

Advertisement
This is (at least) the second post you've cited Wayne's substandard work ethic. Meanwhile, @DMoney stated yesterday Wayne had "good work ethic":

Can either of you elaborate? It's difficult to reconcile these two statements from two people close to the program (especially where your takes on this move are otherwise similar).
Maybe we just have different standards. Who knows. In general coaches will have varying opinions. So I guess it just comes down to the opinions you value OR what you've seen first hand.

Maybe we just have different standards. Who knows. In general coaches will have varying opinions. So I guess it just comes down to the opinions you value OR what you've seen first hand.
To further complicate it someone else I know and respect and also has informed sources is pretty positive he was asked/told his nil was going down. So all can be true or conflict, and this is why really good posters with actual info can contradict each other because life

To further complicate it someone else I know and respect and also has informed sources is pretty positive he was asked/told his nil was going down. So all can be true or conflict, and this is why really good posters with actual info can contradict each other because life
Yeah I don't even pay attention to nil stuff for the most part but absolutely I can see his nil going down. Makes sense. But it would be a secondary issue for us in my eyes

Yeah I don't even pay attention to nil stuff for the most part but absolutely I can see his nil going down. Makes sense. But it would be a secondary issue for us in my eyes
This is why I feel that people shouldn’t really freak out about nil.
The market will adjust itself. This is all new to everyone. Players had the patience and ignorance to think that coaches will let you “develop”.

This is why it’s important to recruit elite players. Having elite players around you makes you push yourself.

Now you not only have to worry about getting passed up; you also have to worry that if you get passed over you might not have enough bread to pay for all the sht you just bought. A lot of these freshman better recognize that the nil money is based in potential cfb talent.
And if that potential doesn’t pan out………

This portal decision by the ncaa made a lot of players expendable. Especially the ones who got lazy because of the nil money they made.

NCAA is turning into reality. In other words, this is a job now and they can go replace you in a hot minute.

Don’t spend it all at once.

And if you ain’t grinding or if your feeling a like a little diva you’re gonna be asked to turn in that playbook just like the nfl. And if you haven’t shined in the few times you’ve played, then good luck matching that nil offer you had as a 5 star.

Advertisement
It's wild so from my understanding yall saying that if guys like Lightfoot, Scott, Pickett, Blount don't light it up their freshman seasons they'll be pushed out this time next year
Especially wild if blount gets attacked on here. Isn't he technically supposed to be in his senior year in HS?

On3 was told Wednesday night that the programs that have initially reached out include “Pittsburgh, Florida State, Cal, Kansas, UCLA, Louisville, Washington, Wisconsin, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, USC and Nebraska.”

Thursday morning On3 was notified that Michigan State, James Madison, Virginia Tech and Oregon state have also been in touch. We are also told some visits are in the works and being scheduled to Washington, UCLA, Cal, Pitt and Kansas.

Advertisement

shocked philip j fry GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back