Jayden Wayne to the portal

Advertisement
The D-line room right now...
will-smith-robbed.gif

Advertisement
**** another one that stings. Only here for 1 season. Thought he had a shot to develop over the next season or 2. So what's the DE group looking like now...bain/mesidor/alston then who?? Guess the youngsters will need to step in and contribute early. Hopefully one or two have a Bain like early contribution
4th string DE leaving stings as much as 4th string QB leaving

It’s hilarious. CISers were literally putting Bryant in their drop list and calling him a JAG only 2-3 weeks ago.
Exactly I swear I seen those posts saying where is Malik and is he transferring lol. Now today it's he's been balling out all along

So to be clear, the narrative is we paid Wayne a big NIL and he's transferring out because he didn't meet his NIL salary yet he's not a miss? Fine let's eliminate 2022 and he's 1 for 4 on DL recruiting with 2 already transferring out within their first year but that also means we can't count Cooper as a hit

If you want to say he’s a miss like there’s some score we’re keeping, that’s fine with me. He was recruited and came here and he left without making an impact, so sure, he’s a miss.

For me, it’s not hits or misses. It’s wins or losses. It’s putting the absolute best roster together you possibly can and winning football games. So if Lightfoot and Cole and Bryant wind up being Day 1/2 picks and we win a ton of games with them contributing bigly, then you can call Wayne a miss all you want, I really won’t care in the least bit.

Advertisement
I find it kinda fascinating that some of our fans apparently think the portal only works in one direction.
It sucks that he is leaving. I think he could be a good player and potentially help. Having said that...good teams, mediocre teams, and bad teams are losing players like him to the portal daily. We are no different. This CFB now. For every portal win you have you will also have portal loses.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Cole, Malik, and Ligthfoot are all likely to jump ahead of him. Mesidor and Alston were already ahead of him. Survival of the fit.

According to whom? Soon or truth? I accept maybe a little bit of both but feels like rationalization to me.

Young talent passing up all these guys. The talent level has been elevated, time for them to move on and make cap space.

Every year we hear the same story. The Predator is going to be a AA as a true freshman. Donaldson is the next great LT. Pope is the next Santana. Actually proves out 1 in 10 times. So good luck with that take.

I find it kinda fascinating that some of our fans apparently think the portal only works in one direction.
It sucks that he is leaving. He has potential. I think he could be a good player and potentially help. Having said that...good teams, mediocre teams, and bad teams are losing players like him to the portal daily. We are no different. This CFB now. For every portal win you have you will also have portal loses.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back