Jayden Wayne to the portal

Dude Mario admitted to Pate they were expecting to have to ride with Poff. We all think there’s a grand plan and an army of guys executing to it. But we were lucky to land Cam and we are hoping we’re going to find some DL in the portal. Lots of gambling going on, too much.
Complete BS

Advertisement
Advertisement
So then our evals suck? Will we be saying the same about the 2024 guys a year from now?
Go back for the past 10 years and look at every top 20 recruit at any position.
A lot of misses. Some years a position group hits very well. Most times it’s over 50 percent bust. Even Saban.

The difference is Saban recruited so many **** elite players we just remember draft day.

This place still argues about Tracey Howard and Willie Williams!!

Saban has tossed away 5 stars like gum wrappers and nobody says sht about evals.
He just tosses them down the depth chart.

Dunno about that. Have 3 total proven players and 1/3 has been hurt every single year. Losing Wayne and Kelly you can’t lose both - not sure what happened since Wayne and his family seemed to trust Mario.

Kelly and Wayne?

They look like great football players. But what have they done?

I really don't think we'll skip a beat if they got passed up by some freshmen.

It's actually addition by subtraction.

Advertisement
Dude Mario admitted to Pate they were expecting to have to ride with Poff. We all think there’s a grand plan and an army of guys executing to it. But we were lucky to land Cam and we are hoping we’re going to find some DL in the portal. Lots of gambling going on, too much.
Yeesh! The plan imo should be to show out this year with an elite QB and get 10+ wins so that you can add elite talent(s) thru recruiting AND the portal at positions you usually don't hit (DT, WR, QB, DB, etc).

Advertisement
Should free up a solid amount of $.

Either they need it to get Martinez and/or Brown or we should be seeing a splash to replace JHH and Wayne.
Great we have money to buy what tho, a bunch of mid in the portal outside of the DT going to LSU. This portal wave was below average

Makes a lot of money and doesn’t flash anything elite. Too average to make that much NIL.

I tried to hint at this one last week.

Poor evaluation by Mario and Zo. There’s a lot in that category when you had an NFL Personnel guy on staff and took pride in that part of it.

The so eval **** was so dumb and I called it out for being dumb and everyone thought I was a hater.

Not sure why everyone thought Zo was some elite evaluator and was going to build a championship roster for Miami. I liked Wayne. Thought he would have a role but in his limited time I didn’t see much explosiveness or bend.

Mario has to do better though cause the constant roster turnover and missing this many targets is Manny Diaz like.

I hope lightfoot can put some weight on and take these snaps.

Will be interesting to see how many portal DL Miami goes after.

Advertisement
Is what it is we Have Bain, Mesidor, Alston, Bryant will give us some snaps at Jack an a rush end.. Lightfoot, Blunt, Booker I think steps up. Think we run alot of 3-3-5 again. I think JHH hurts worse than this one we'll be OK sure we'll grab a couple bodies for depth.

I just want to win brotha’. And all I’m seeing is depth being killed and potential excuses being put in the oven.

“We are so young up front. We have true freshmen playing significant minutes, of course we aren’t difficult to run the ball on”
These fools sunshine pumping hard today like are depth keep getting obliterated by the day. And nobody in the portal to replace them

He’s had 2 classes. One hasn’t played a snap. GTFO with the 2022 class.

And I’m talking about this particular kid. This is a Wayne thread, not a DL thread. Did he miss on this kid? Very possible. But you can’t say that yet until you see what he does from here and what the kids do who are driving him to bounce.
So to be clear, the narrative is we paid Wayne a big NIL and he's transferring out because he didn't meet his NIL salary yet he's not a miss? Fine let's eliminate 2022 and he's 1 for 4 on DL recruiting with 2 already transferring out within their first year but that also means we can't count Cooper as a hit

Advertisement
Back