Jayden Wayne to the portal

Advertisement
Decent depth player but not anywhere near his 5 star billing. Next
This.
He hasn’t shown he’s a 5 star. Likely nothing to do with attitude or work ethic. Sometimes it just ain’t enough.
It could very well be all nil. Who knows.
But these are the type of players that went to Bama before the portal and played a few snaps and everyone forgot about them. They graduate go on with their lives and no Bama fan gave a fck. We lose a dude with 4 tackles and get ptsd flashbacks.

Jarez Parks for example.
If he was at Bama now he would’ve transferred.
Go back before the portal and a lot of top 100 players at any position who never started and played mop up duty on frontrunner teams. That list is way long.

I can’t understand why Miami fans think every elite player that doesn’t pan out is a coaching failure.

People freaking out like we have nobody else at that position or losing some freshman all American.

can we replace him? Do we need to?

Will he ball somewhere else?

Idk.

But elite stands out after a few practices. Either he hasn’t shown it or the staff doesn’t see it.

But what I do know for sure is that he hasn’t shown much. Why that is can be simple or complex.
But if a freshman took his spot then it’s a good sign for us and bad sign for him.

Y’all better get used to this.

There will be players that get passed up regardless how much we loved their high school tape. When you recruit at an elite level you better hope you don’t get passed up.
It happens a lot. We’re just not used to it.

What else did you expect? If you wanted great portal additions to transform the roster, it’s inevitable that guys like Kelly, JHH and Wayne would have to depart. You’re delusional if you didn’t think these type of departures werent going happen

We’ll see I guess.

Advertisement
Very interesting all the beat writers coming together to defend the departure…

Could be 100% spot on (**** I hope they are), but it’s worth noting.
Hope they’re right but it could also be that they’re finally towing the company line that Mario and co puts out.

“Fall in line and get info. Deviate and your excommunicato.” Type deal

Last edited:
what have any of those kids done? If saban or Kirby lost them you'd be saying how they dont except mediocre kids.

Moss couldn't gain weight. Collins and Kelly have had injury problems.

Roberts, Jordan, Harvey, Chantz, etc were Manny kids.

I think we just have better talent coming in.

So then our evals suck? Will we be saying the same about the 2024 guys a year from now?

Also: did he miss? Maybe he hit really ******* big on Lightfoot and Cole??

I’m not saying he did, but is it out of the question for Wayne to transfer to a P4 team and play a lot? This story isn’t written today.
Yes he did miss. He took 7 DL in his first 2 classes and only 1 has hit with 4 already transferring out. Hopefully he did hit really ******* big on those two but that doesn't mean he didn't miss.

Advertisement
Yes he did miss. He took 7 DL in his first 2 classes and only 1 has hit with 4 already transferring out. Hopefully he did hit really ******* big on those two but that doesn't mean he didn't miss.

He’s had 2 classes. One hasn’t played a snap. GTFO with the 2022 class.

And I’m talking about this particular kid. This is a Wayne thread, not a DL thread. Did he miss on this kid? Very possible. But you can’t say that yet until you see what he does from here and what the kids do who are driving him to bounce.

Advertisement
We’ll see I guess.
The staff knew this was coming toward the beginning of spring. They’re aware of their roster management. Cribby also gave us hints when we first started hearing about Height. Mario has a plan, just sit back and let him work his magic

fo sho our starting QB next year is on another team right now possibly unless the game slows down for Poff

Dude Mario admitted to Pate they were expecting to have to ride with Poff. We all think there’s a grand plan and an army of guys executing to it. But we were lucky to land Cam and we are hoping we’re going to find some DL in the portal. Lots of gambling going on, too much.

Advertisement
The staff knew this was coming toward the beginning of spring. They’re aware of their roster management. Cribby also gave us hints when we first started hearing about Height. Mario has a plan, just sit back and let him work his magic

Yeah and that was a really smart trade

Dude Mario admitted to Pate they were expecting to have to ride with Poff. We all think there’s a grand plan and an army of guys executing to it. But we were lucky to land Cam and we are hoping we’re going to find some DL in the portal. Lots of gambling going on, too much.
Thats a fair take, i think it works out for him this season. Should be exciting cause we will all find out soon enough

Advertisement
Back