Jayden Wayne to the portal

Advertisement
The mopes know I’m a pro Mario guy and generally optimistic about the team. I thought we had a playoff caliber team with some smart portal adds this — i.e. we’d win 10 to make the Top 12 cut.

But to dismiss these DL departures as minimally impacting is foolish. Bain is the only Mario recruit from both 22 and 23 to stick. Moss, Achaeompong, Kelly and now Wayne are gone. Roberts, Jordan, Harvey. Chantz, LT and JHH too. That is terrible evaluation and/or development. We now have 3 of 4 DL starters who are transfers. That’s just bad.

So I’m not in the meh camp at all here. I really hope we can backfill from the portal. Maybe we can. But IMO today was a terrible day to be a Cane fan.
what have any of those kids done? If saban or Kirby lost them you'd be saying how they dont except mediocre kids.

Moss couldn't gain weight. Collins and Kelly have had injury problems.

Roberts, Jordan, Harvey, Chantz, etc were Manny kids.

I think we just have better talent coming in.

The 2ndary is trash man. We need the O to put teams away. Scary thought with Mario at HC.
Elite DBs go for a lot of money we haven’t been able to get anyone since the glory days. Like a complete first round caliber type on a consistent basis. We always get burned there it seems. He has to hope that front seven is relentless to cover up the DB issues

Decent depth player but not anywhere near his 5 star billing. Next

He wasn’t a 5-star. CIS cried about it, but he was ranked outside the Top 100 by 247 and in the 80s on the composite.

Prior to his senior season, 247 had him ranked 36th overall. Just outside 5-star range.

By the time NSD came, and people watching him his senior season and in the post-season games, he fell to #104.

Didn’t flash much as a freshman, then got passed by several younger kids.

I wanted the kid to stay cause I hate this age of just bouncing year to year. Maybe he can work with JT and be a starter in 2025 or beyond. Kids can make jumps, even in college. But the writing was kinda on the wall here, even though some people didn’t wanna hear it.

Advertisement
Yall can roll your eyes all you want but this is CFB nowadays. You don’t provide the value being paid to you, you get fired from work. These kids wanna be treated like adults, here you go.

I just want to win brotha’. And all I’m seeing is depth being killed and potential excuses being put in the oven.

“We are so young up front. We have true freshmen playing significant minutes, of course we aren’t difficult to run the ball on”

what have any of those kids done? If saban or Kirby lost them you'd be saying how they dont except mediocre kids.

Moss couldn't gain weight. Collins and Kelly have had injury problems.

Roberts, Jordan, Harvey, Chantz, etc were Manny kids.

I think we just have better talent coming in.
Better talent coming in that’s probably not ready though. Lightfoot and Cole will eat also Jones and Scott have to be hits. If those 4 are hits bruh it changes the DL drastically. It will be an improved unit imo

I just want to win brotha’. And all I’m seeing is depth being killed and potential excuses being put in the oven.

“We are so young up front. We have true freshmen playing significant minutes, of course we aren’t difficult to run the ball on”
Who's making excuses? This is where we are at in CFB right now. Kids are leaving programs left and right, many of them highly recruited. How about waiting until the dust settles before having a full meltdown?

Advertisement
Again the dline market is not great. I don’t see a contingency plan.
Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement

I just want to win too mane. I’ve been pounding the table with lots of you about needing to be way more aggressive in the portal. We’ve built a lot through HS recruiting and this season is do or die so we’ve gone the portal route. That means money needs to be freed and so here we are. You definitely won’t see me making excuses for the prick if he can’t win 10+. I just don’t think Jayden Wayne is the reason why we start grabbing the pitchforks. I said JHH was a big loss but let’s just see where the chips fall before going crazy.

austin-powers.gif

shall we take bets and odds that most of those crying the most as they can't deal with new realities of CFB are neither Canes Collective nor Hurricane Club members?

I of course realize and understand that not everyone can afford to contribute to those especially since canes collective has no tax breaks, so don't @ me- but the vast majority here could afford at least $50. Just saying. Portal giveth and taketh and it's not always gonna be TLC
music video 90s GIF

Last edited:
Elite DBs go for a lot of money we haven’t been able to get anyone since the glory days. Like a complete first round caliber type on a consistent basis. We always get burned there it seems. He has to hope that front seven is relentless to cover up the DB issues
I don't think you can fix in a single portal either. We need minimum 2 top tier CBs.

Advertisement
Man..in this new transfer era you have to capitalize on the first transfer window and understand/anticipate those transfers.

If we are going to use the NFL model we need to spend on QB, Corner, Pass Rushers and right now we have hit on one of those position groups.

Corner (DB in general) and DLine is weak minus one Bain and we went passive. Frustrating..

Man..in this new transfer era you have to capitalize on the first transfer window and understand/anticipate those transfers.

If we are going to use the NFL model we need to spend on QB, Corner, Pass Rushers and right now we have hit on one of those position groups.

Corner (DB in general) and DLine is weak minus one Bain and we went passive. Frustrating..
Weren't two early additions in the winter window DT's?

Advertisement
Back