Jayden Wayne to the portal

Advertisement
Sleep Yawn GIF

**** another one that stings. Only here for 1 season. Thought he had a shot to develop over the next season or 2. So what's the DE group looking like now...bain/mesidor/alston then who?? Guess the youngsters will need to step in and contribute early. Hopefully one or two have a Bain like early contribution

The mopes know I’m a pro Mario guy and generally optimistic about the team. I thought we had a playoff caliber team with some smart portal adds this — i.e. we’d win 10 to make the Top 12 cut.

But to dismiss these DL departures as minimally impacting is foolish. Bain is the only Mario recruit from both 22 and 23 to stick. Moss, Achaeompong, Kelly and now Wayne are gone. Roberts, Jordan, Harvey. Chantz, LT and JHH too. That is terrible evaluation and/or development. We now have 3 of 4 DL starters who are transfers. That’s just bad.

So I’m not in the meh camp at all here. I really hope we can backfill from the portal. Maybe we can. But IMO today was a terrible day to be a Cane fan.

Advertisement
The mopes know I’m a pro Mario guy and generally optimistic about the team. I thought we had a playoff caliber team with some smart portal adds this — i.e. we’d win 10 to make the Top 12 cut.

But to dismiss these DL departures as minimally impacting is foolish. Bain is the only Mario recruit from both 22 and 23 to stick. Moss, Achaeompong, Kelly and now Wayne are gone. Roberts, Jordan, Harvey. Chantz, LT and JHH too. That is terrible evaluation and/or development. We now have 3 of 4 DL starters who are transfers. That’s just bad.

So I’m not in the meh camp at all here. I really hope we can backfill from the portal. Maybe we can. But IMO today was a terrible day to be a Cane fan.
LOL. Cam Ward portaling out would be a terrible day. Might want to step back from the ledge.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

What else did you expect? If you wanted great portal additions to transform the roster, it’s inevitable that guys like Kelly, JHH and Wayne would have to depart. You’re delusional if you didn’t think these type of departures werent going happen

While I agree with a lot of what you said its a little premature to determine whether it was a terrible day or not. What I will say is that is certainly does challenge the prevailing narrative around here "that the portal is unsustainable and We're building it the right way...." Seems to me we're going to be doing a whole lot of depending on the portal going into year 3

Advertisement
Back