Jayden Wayne to the portal

Amazon Studios Were Fine GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement
Makes a lot of money and doesn’t flash anything elite. Too average to make that much NIL.

I tried to hint at this one last week.

Poor evaluation by Mario and Zo. There’s a lot in that category when you had an NFL Personnel guy on staff and took pride in that part of it.
Exactly this. @DMoney has eluded to it too. Some kids will be asked to leave because they make too much in NIL relevant to their talent level. Anyone who says this is a loss is being a chicken little. This dude flashed zero all season.

Advertisement
Did he happen to dress up as ________ that day & they got confused? But seriously, lots of other “talks” should come first. I won’t mention names. 🤐
He was dancing with OTs instead of making plays. I agree though, he has a bunch of talent and it's starting to be a bad look. We are running through these types at a high clip. We aren't getting through. We better be right about what we have in house.

strategic attack on Miami position group to cripple year 3 of Mario. brutal...

Outside of Kelly in a reserve role during the 22 season, none of them did much of anything.
Yeah it's not a massive loss, just from a depth perspective it's scary having to rely on freshmen when this season is infinitively important for the perception of Mario Cristobal and the future of this program as a whole.

Regarding Wayne, he didn't do anything to cement himself as a top tier DE. I'm not upset he's gone.

But we should probably bring in another body at DE (not a JAG) just in case...especially considering Mesidor's injury history.

Exactly this. @DMoney has eluded to it too. Some kids will be asked to leave because they make too much in NIL relevant to their talent level. Anyone who says this is a loss is being a chicken little. This dude flashed zero all season.
McConathy has already surpassed him, they want Lightfoot on the field, and looking in the portal.

I’m scared for our depth at DE due to Mesidor’s injury history but when they’re healthy it’s an elite 1-2-3 with flashy guys that can really get after the passer after those guys.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Just because someone is seeking a raise, doesn’t mean a raise should be given
Maybe it’s a cut. I see both sides. You’re now supposed to play a more prominent role why should you take a cut but if you make ridiculous amount to start that doesn’t match production then i understand.

Makes a lot of money and doesn’t flash anything elite. Too average to make that much NIL.

I tried to hint at this one last week.

Poor evaluation by Mario and Zo. There’s a lot in that category when you had an NFL Personnel guy on staff and took pride in that part of it.
The only thing is, if the focus is to build through HS recruiting, you have to be patient.

Plenty guys, especially on the dline, are not developed or maxed out to their full potential after their freshman season.

Advertisement
I'm not so sure I agree with the "makes sense due to impending cuts" line.

What about the dead weight from the backup OLs or WR room? There's plenty of other bodies that could be processed out.

Now if we're talking NIL and bang for buck, that's a different story.
Both imho.

We are at 75 I believe and 10 fr will arrive in the summer, there will be more.

McConathy has already surpassed him, they want Lightfoot on the field, and looking in the portal.

I’m scared for our depth at DE due to Mesidor’s injury history but when they’re healthy it’s an elite 1-2-3 with flashy guys that can really get after the passer after those guys.
If you look back at the spring game the starting team defense was Bain on one side and Malik Bryant on the other. After that they rotated Mcconathy and Campbell at ends.

This is with Messidor and Alston injured and D$ says we still looking for a DE in the portal....

That means Wayne was literally DE 7/8 in the rotation...

People are freaking out for no reason

Advertisement
Back