Jayden Wayne to the portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
His first start was against Rutgers and they acted like we had no D line…
He got manhandled by Rutgers too.

But it’s still an unfortunate loss and a hit to the two deep. I figured on top of the issues Kelly was facing from a legal standpoint, Wayne passed him up.

Now we have neither.

Keeping depth guys like this will be tough going forward... not sure why it's a surprise... Why would he want to say to be behind Bain/Mesidor..... Yeah he would have played but not the #1/2 where he can be transferring somewhere else. Definitely not saying the grass is always greener, but a move like this isn't a shock.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Depth Chart Currently

DE: Bain, Mcconathy, Campbell/Portal
DE: Messidor, Alston, Malik Bryant

Reserves: Blount, Booker Pickett

We good.
Dunno about that. Have 3 total proven players and 1/3 has been hurt every single year. Losing Wayne and Kelly you can’t lose both - not sure what happened since Wayne and his family seemed to trust Mario.

Advertisement
**** in the last 8 months we've lost Kelly, Wayne, Moss, Harvey, Chantz Williams.

Youth movement I guess in the depth chart, but if they're not ready and someone goes down with an injury....start praying. We went from riches at the DE position to 3 reliable bodies, and Mesidor ain't so "reliable" in terms of health.

Makes a lot of money and doesn’t flash anything elite. Too average to make that much NIL.

I tried to hint at this one last week.

Poor evaluation by Mario and Zo. There’s a lot in that category when you had an NFL Personnel guy on staff and took pride in that part of it.

**** in the last 8 months we've lost Kelly, Wayne, Moss, Harvey, Chantz Williams.

Youth movement I guess in the depth chart, but if they're not ready and someone goes down with an injury....start praying. We went from riches at the DE position to 3 reliable bodies.
Outside of Kelly in a reserve role during the 22 season, none of them did much of anything.

Advertisement
Back