2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

OU much more success last decade, OU has oil money too, Venables and DL coach Bates have produced tons of NFL DL, and these kids are from that area.

Miami is only in the game because of Mario and his relentless nature.

It sucks because we have major playing time at DT, but I still think we grab some good ones.

Jackson & Stone both from OK?

Did not know that

Advertisement
I agree it’s time to move forward and I Have no dog in this fight but NFL teams draft players with red flags all the time. Especially the Raiders
I replied to you, but it was really for the board.

I agree and disagree. Yes, teams draft players with issues, if the talent is there.

I don't think Nesta was slotted any higher in the draft. It wasn't like he fell in the draft due to character issues. If he was a problem, I don’t think he would have been drafted at all.

I'm certain the Raiders talked to Herm Edwards, who is a big character guy.

Yikes man. Thank god for Lightfoot or this place would be unbearable. As far as recruiting goes for the whole defensive line room, it's a failure right now. Outside of Lightfoot (who I'm extremely high on), we have missed on everyone. Russell doesn't even count and normally we can spin local 3 stars. This team better be **** good when games are played because we have nothing that separates us right now.

Well he certainly CAN’T play LT
1684022630895.gif

In 2 months we have went from thinking how can we take all of these DL options, to looking like we'll be lucky if we can even land just one of them smh
Sad we'll end up having to go portal for like 3 or 4 DTs since we can't get anyone in high school to come. Whoever on staff that was hyping this as greatest d-line class in nation should be fired

Advertisement
Yikes man. Thank god for Lightfoot or this place would be unbearable. As far as recruiting goes for the whole defensive line room, it's a failure right now. Outside of Lightfoot (who I'm extremely high on), we have missed on everyone. Russell doesn't even count and normally we can spin local 3 stars. This team better be **** good when games are played because we have nothing that separates us right now.
Well happily Taint is still going after Lightfoot hard and if [unnecessary adjective deleted, don’t be an *******] Joe can't get him some help at D-tackle, he might start listening.

These d-linemen want to play next to other d-linemen who can help them out. Oklahoma alone is making Mario look worse than Manny. It's been annoying up to this point but I think it's extremely concerning now.

Something isn't adding up. Either Mario forgot how to recruit, his assistants are pure ***, or Miami is no longer competitive with NIL. I don't think Mario forgot so it's one or both of the others imo.

@BS85

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad we'll end up having to go portal for like 3 or 4 DTs since we can't get anyone in high school to come. Whoever on staff that was hyping this as greatest d-line class in nation should be fired

What would have been your strategy? Bring in 20 of the highest rated kids in the country for visits and then say we're hoping to whiff on every single one of these kids?

Advertisement
Relax. June is going to be amazing.

If it isn’t, July will be even better.

If it isn’t, hold onto your butts. August will blow you away.

If that falls through, whoa horsey: it'll be a Septemba to Remembaa

No luck then? Hunt for Orange and Green October.

When Mario is done, they’ll change November to YES-VEMBER.

Ever heard of Santa Crist(obal)? This December, he’ll have recruits feelin jolly!

January is a new year. Let’s get excited about 2025.
Why do you hate us?

Does it make you feel good to hurt us?

Spend money and convince them teaming up they would be unstoppable

That's literally what they're trying to do??

You said whoever hyped up a class should be fired. That's what these dudes are paid for. But you gotta close. To me, I'd rather someone lose their job for not doing their job, which is signing elite talent. What they "hype" couldn't be more irrelevant.

Advertisement
Good thing Mario is taking DL recruiting personally this year.

Remember that one year with Golden when we were convinced were looking good for all those DTs (Jay-nard Bostick, Valentine, Thomas Holley, etc) and we kept missing out on dudes like Khairi Clark and telling ourselves it was all good because we were big game hunting? Just putting it out there.

Advertisement
Man...defensive line recruiting went from pleasantly confident to downright brutal realities even with Lightfoot committing. We've missed on almost every hopefully top target in the past month alone

That's literally what they're trying to do??

You said whoever hyped up a class should be fired. That's what these dudes are paid for. But you gotta close. To me, I'd rather someone lose their job for not doing their job, which is signing elite talent. What they "hype" couldn't be more irrelevant.
I'm saying what's the point for saying to the recruiting sites that going to be the best in the nation. Im just saying tell the recruits team up and be unstoppable together

Advertisement
Back