2024 Jayden Jackson 4* DT from IMG is a Sooner

If we hadn’t had to make so many other changes to the staff after year 1 I wonder if Big Joe and Addae would have survived. Mario probably felt he had to keep some continuity so they got stays of execution.
Mario should have got rid of them both. He purged a good portion of the roster and coaching staff after Miami's worst season since 07. Not sure what they did to deserve a second year.

Advertisement
We can hope he commits but cumin? No we don’t want that @Odysseus! TIGHTEN UP! BIG PAUSE
Dam I forgot to pause myself lol

200.gif

I mean he probably was still a cancer to that locker room lol but yeah, this was said on a CanesSpace a few months ago. There was a few former(recent) Canes on there "spilling tea" about what was going on during their time. AR82 and Rosier was also on there. It was confirmed that Nesta was really putting paws on dudes because them boys was smiling and laughing after losses. And to everyone's surprise..... ROSIER was one of the few players putting paws on dudes as well.

Look, we need to be honest here. Nesta was a hard-headed bully, plain and simple. There might have been a few times when he fought guys "because they wre smiling and laughing after losses", but that's more of an excuse than anything. He bullied Tommy Kennedy on the first day he got to campus, and that guy wasn't "smiling and laughing after losses".

I don't give a **** if Nesta's anger and bullying were semi-occasionally "good things", he was still a problem on the team, even if he sometimes gave us a great play on the field (the brutal sack of Jordan Travis, for example).

And they also said Nesta was asked to come back but he felt like the vibe of the team just wasn't right...... NOW once again, this was said by former players lol I don't care that much for Nesta to create some b.s. loool

Yeah, that's just not true. Those "former players" weren't even in the building when Mario told Nesta to leave.

And I'm not being critical of you, feel free to say what was said, I'm just saying....well, guys may have reasons for BELIEVING that to be the case, particularly if Nesta told them that later, but from the things that I was told at the time it was happening, it was a Mario decision based on certain things that Nesta said/did.

Maybe Nesta was "asked to come back" on Day 1 and then told to GTFO on Day 10, and he's spinning things?

Not a big deal. He's gone and we're moving onward.

I think it spoke volumes that Nesta ended up at Arizona St who had massive issues with Herm,etc. I’m more inclined to believe Nesta was more a problem than not but that’s just an opinion. I’d just ask why that ended up being the destination?

Whaaaat? You mean the "vibes" at Arizona State weren't infinitely superior to the "vibes" at Miami? And that Nesta might be making up a bunch of bull****?

I'm so shocked.

Advertisement
Look, we need to be honest here. Nesta was a hard-headed bully, plain and simple. There might have been a few times when he fought guys "because they wre smiling and laughing after losses", but that's more of an excuse than anything. He bullied Tommy Kennedy on the first day he got to campus, and that guy wasn't "smiling and laughing after losses".

I don't give a **** if Nesta's anger and bullying were semi-occasionally "good things", he was still a problem on the team, even if he sometimes gave us a great play on the field (the brutal sack of Jordan Travis, for example).
In fairness, Tommy was wearing a Mumu when he first met Nesta…

Happy Louie Anderson GIF by BasketsFX

Need to “overpay” for this dude if that’s what it takes. Can’t let this kid go to Texas.

It's not solely about the amount of cash right now. I'm trying to explain to people, Texas schools just have the upper hand right now under the current Texas NIL law that just went into effect last month.

Advertisement
We must've been soft as **** if Rosier was putting hands on people lol Wasn't he the guy that didn't watch film tho? Kinda doesn't add up?
It doesn't matter how you slice it. Bottom line this team was a total joke and the locker room was an unmitigated disaster. Players did what they **** well pleased and didn't give a flying fack about any consequences. This was exacerbated by the fact that this squad of half steppers was being led by a clueless no sack buffoon who wanted so badly to be the "cool" coach that he was willing to sacrifice any remaining respect they may have had for him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Best dline class with a brand new dline coach and a coach who is a mid recruiter lol safe to say that was never realistic and people thought it would happen because thats where we were gonna throw the biggest bags at but bags only go so far when u dont have a great proven recruiter/developer and coming off a terrible season. We gotta hope winning plus mesidor/LT and others have great years so we can flip somebody even tho flips are more unlikely nowadays

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back