Jayden Gibson

Advertisement
Both Pope and Wiggins would technically have a year of eligibility remaining. That doesn’t mean that both would still be here though. Scholarships are renewed on a year to year basis and the school would be under no obligation to renew their’s for a fifth year. Especially since both will have already graduated. It’s highly unlikely that the school just takes their scholarship back but it’s highly likely that they are urged to enter the transfer portal. This isn’t just going to happen at Miami either. There’s going to be a ton of guys that schools want to move on from that technically still have eligibility. Especially with the NCAA going back to 85 scholarship limits again. Some guys will find a landing spot. Some guys will just have to give up the dream and put their degrees to work. I’m curious to see if schools will actually not renew players who refuse to enter the portal.

Both Pope and Wiggins would technically have a year of eligibility remaining. That doesn’t mean that both would still be here though. Scholarships are renewed on a year to year basis and the school would be under no obligation to renew their’s for a fifth year. Especially since both will have already graduated. It’s highly unlikely that the school just takes their scholarship back but it’s highly likely that they are urged to enter the transfer portal. This isn’t just going to happen at Miami either. There’s going to be a ton of guys that schools want to move on from that technically still have eligibility. Especially with the NCAA going back to 85 scholarship limits again. Some guys will find a landing spot. Some guys will just have to give up the dream and put their degrees to work. I’m curious to see if schools will actually not renew players who refuse to enter the portal.

pretty much, yep. If they’re not on the 2 deep after this fall and they’ve graduated, manny will likely ask them to pursue their dreams elsewhere. That’s how it’s worked for decades.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Our biggest mistake was going to the ACC

Nah, that's bs.

College football caught up and programs that had been doing the same thing for years, changed the game. Technology played a big part too, rosters used to be 70 percent or more in state kids and now, kids go across the country to play like never before. Technology has allowed super teams to be built, where family can watch every game and video chat like they're right there. Then there's the arms race and big state schools are dominating in that department. Now there's NIL and the gap will widen.

Going to the ACC stabilized the program. We rested on our laurels with more constant cash flow than we ever had. It's what followed after plus a lot of things out of our hands. Others adapted, we just said we're the U, located in the middle of a recruiting hotbed, the rest will take care of itself. It didn't though and kids that used to rep their city now go wherever.

Advertisement
I don’t understand this logic. We play in the worst Division in college football. This is a dream scenario for any school. We should be playing for a conference title 80-90% of the time. Unfortunately all the admin cares about is cashing checks.
You said it, we play in the worst division in college football which allows us to be complacent. If we played in the SEC and performed like have, things would be a lot different. We would have been going 3-9 and no matter how ****** this BOT is they couldn’t have stood by without taking real action/investment.

You said it, we play in the worst division in college football which allows us to be complacent. If we played in the SEC and performed like have, things would be a lot different. We would have been going 3-9 and no matter how ****** this BOT is they couldn’t have stood by without taking real action/investment.
We would’ve hired someone else and gotten the same results, while making a few more dollars from the SEC. You’re kidding yourself if you think this admin would all of the sudden care if the school was in the SEC. These people can’t be made to care, no matter what.

Our biggest mistake was going to the ACC
Bro, like I tell everyone, the ACC did right by us. We didn’t do right by them. We were the big fish, and they put us in a SUPER easy division. Their goal was for us to play FSU in the ACCCG often. FSU held up their end, we did not.

The only thing I would say is that guaranteed Conference $$ probably made it easier for this school to be complacent.

Advertisement
Bro, like I tell everyone, the ACC did right by us. We didn’t do right by them. We were the big fish, and they put us in a SUPER easy division. Their goal was for us to play FSU in the ACCCG often. FSU held up their end, we did not.

The only thing I would say is that guaranteed Conference $$ probably made it easier for this school to be complacent.
School didn’t get complacent. You act like they cared more back then. tjhey did the same thing then, we just got crushed by the landscape and never changed

School didn’t get complacent. You act like they cared more back then. tjhey did the same thing then, we just got crushed by the landscape and never changed
Complacent - : marked by self-satisfaction especially when accompanied by unawareness of actual dangers or deficiencies.

Lol. U literally described them being complacent. Thank u.

Advertisement
Back