Jayden Bonsu Commits to O$U... Next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
People sleeping on Robert Stafford kid is a big time HS athlete rated #9 247......higher overall nationally (135) than all but 2 cbs in Florida..... Stafford was the fastest db at a camp with several good players in attendance....I wasn't a big fan of bringing in Porter but he adds proven experience to the room...
2nd best CB prospect in Florida behind Cormani this cycle!

He had a solid nfl career but I actually thought he was on his way to being Miami’s next db pro bowler. Unfortunately it’s been downhill from there at that position when it comes to success in nfl
He’s only under appreciated because he came right after Ed Reed who is the greatest S in NFL history and Sean Taylor who IMO was well on his way to becoming the best S and all around defensive players in NFL history.

Kenny came in as the top S prospect in the nation and national defensive player of the year out of Carol City. He made an instant impact as a Freshman and was a stud. Just severely underrated because everyone wanted him to be better than Sean and Ed. Big shoes to fill… Injuries derailed him from being a multi Pro Bowl DB.

I remember OSU was dragging in recruiting and Day came out and said we need 15-20 million to compete for top recruits.I guess he got his money cause I don’t think they’ve missed on one since…..you going against these type teams that not only have the money but have also had a lot of recent success you better come with the big pocketbook to sway them to come here…matching money isn’t gonna get it…..
They were dragging in recruiting? Top 5 class before he even said that…if that’s dragging then ****. He also said $13, not $15-$20M.

I remember OSU was dragging in recruiting and Day came out and said we need 15-20 million to compete for top recruits.I guess he got his money cause I don’t think they’ve missed on one since…..you going against these type teams that not only have the money but have also had a lot of recent success you better come with the big pocketbook to sway them to come here…matching money isn’t gonna get it…..

They already had a great class and this isn’t the reason they are now getting bonsu.

Advertisement
I’m just throwing out a hypothetical, but Maybe the staff thinks x amount of money isn’t worth it on Bonsu.

But at some point, we have to spend money. Seems like even the battles we’ve won, we haven’t been the highest bidder. Hopefully that means we’ve saved up for guys like ****ey, Wilson, M’Pemba, etc.

Advertisement
I’m just throwing out a hypothetical, but Maybe the staff thinks x amount of money isn’t worth it on Bonsu.

But at some point, we have to spend money. Seems like even the battles we’ve won, we haven’t been the highest bidder. Hopefully that means we’ve saved up for guys like ****ey, Wilson, M’Pemba, etc.
Likely not wrong at all in general concept. It is the new world of recruiting. Still comes down to getting the best players vs not getting them.

If the big guns aren’t going to have a salary cap, we can’t either.

it also helps that they send WRs and DBs in the first round religiously

Bonsu is a really good prospect but I would not be surprised if there are other higher rated players we are also recruiting regardless if they’re committed or not that no one knows anything about.
Citizen last cycle for example came out of left field.
Still Sucks to lose out to the suckeyes for a top player.

Advertisement
Agree but if u get to the playoffs and start seeing teams with equal OL and DL those outside guys have to be elite. Especially assuming u play the Bamas and UGAs of the world. U saw the natty.....two wrs hurt and UGA took over with a QB who's trash against a Heisman winning QB and a possible top 5 pick.

That run back year when Clemson lost to Bama because their corners couldn't hold up on the outside. Eventually, when all else is equal, those over on one matchups start coming back into the limelight

Advertisement
Wow 2022. Brock eats medium rare and Cway served.

Well ****. Thank you for your service my psycho millennial friend.
Most vets are psychos. You don’t want a bunch of philosophers fighting wars for you. That or the French, both are a losing recipe. Give me the dudes with a few screws loose any day of the week.

That run back year when Clemson lost to Bama because their corners couldn't hold up on the outside. Eventually, when all else is equal, those over on one matchups start coming back into the limelight
Like Jimmy Johnson said beat the man in front of u. And the way u do that is recruiting the man that can beat any man in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back