Javonte Seabury decommits from FIU

About the time of year where Golden begins his fight with FIU, Georgia State, UMASS and others in a desperate attempt to fill the huge holes where he struck out with the local elite talent.

Muschump and Jimbo done sent Golden to the minor leagues, hence looking for RBs in New Hampshire, etc.

:) :) :)

You being serious? Last time I checked the big board, we already have 26 commitments, with 6 studs, possibly 8 total to enroll early.

Some see the glass half full others see it half empty. This guy only sees, and always only sees, a dirty glass. I wish he were a gator fan or a nole fan (if he's not) and that he would take that negativity to their boards.

We have an amazing class comin, and crootin ain't even done.

Chad, Kaya, McD, Berrios, Darling, Yearby, Jackson....Oughta tell these guys and the rest of the class they're from the minor leagues.....

Hey, Smokey, we're all standing by for more negativity on the recruiting board

Advertisement
I seen Seabury at the UM vs Fla game last year that dude smaller and shorter than Roscoe Parrish was when he was at UM. That 5'9 170 is reaching a whole lot I would say 5'8 at best and he might have been 150 pounds soaking wet.

Last edited:
Yeah, no reason to be negative. We PWN recrutin', especially in S FL.

Golden's making a mockery of Jimbo and Muschump down here, ain't he? Yeah!

Golden's battling FBS schools for third rate JUCO RBs now, since we just might not have any RBs next season at all (no guarantee Duke will be really back, Yearby either, leaving us with second stringers), after he folded down the stretch with a half dozen elite RBs in his own backyard.

But hey, he's doing great!

My guess is Smokey is not happy right now with Al Golden. Dont know him personally, but I think that is probably a good guess.

Advertisement
SpikeUM, I am not happy with him. This year was awful. Team got worse every game, another distant thrid in the AWFUL Coastal, the worst division in all the BCS, blown out, absolutely blown out, BLOWN OUT, by the four teams we played with winning records, and now the recruiting class has fallen 10-12 places, from a top five to maybe a 15 as of now, with huge holes at positions that so far haven't been filled.

We don't outscheme, outcoach or outplay anyone at or even below our talent level, and programs are passing (many in the ACC) us by. FSU is just light years ahead and moving further away in every aspect, when they were not under Radio.

The easiest schedule in the last 30 years, and we limp to a pathetic 9-4.

I haven't seen ANY positives, but have seen plenty of negative indicators, since the FSU game.

Hey, I'd be glad to be wrong, but 2014 is setting up to be a mirror of Radio's 2010.

We needed a coach that would take us back 12 years, and instead Golden has taken us back 4 years, to the bottom of the barrel Shannon created.

SpikeUM, I am not happy with him. This year was awful. Team got worse every game, another distant thrid in the AWFUL Coastal, the worst division in all the BCS, blown out, absolutely blown out, BLOWN OUT, by the four teams we played with winning records, and now the recruiting class has fallen 10-12 places, from a top five to maybe a 15 as of now, with huge holes at positions that so far haven't been filled.

We don't outscheme, outcoach or outplay anyone at or even below our talent level, and programs are passing (many in the ACC) us by. FSU is just light years ahead and moving further away in every aspect, when they were not under Radio.

I haven't seen ANY positives, but have seen plenty of negative indicators, since the FSU game.

Hey, I'd be glad to be wrong, but 2014 is setting up to be a mirror of Radio's 2010.

We needed a coach that would take us back 12 years, and instead Golden has taken us back 4 years, to the bottom of the barrel Shannon created.

They won 9 games without Duke, Dorsett, Scott, a consistent o line, a good qb and a horrible defense.............. do you think that maybe they can get better with guys healthy and consistent?

And I think he was trying like **** to get to PSU, where another "Cloud" could cover him for several more years.

He is now on borrowed time. He has two cards left, the Dorito Get out of Jail Free card he casn play next year by firing D and limping into 2015, and the "No QB! Wait till 2015 with Kaaya!" card.

I don't like coaches who's entire schtick is throwing down excuse cards to get one more year. That was Coker and Shannon's forte, and you see where that got us, and where they are now.

Advertisement

They won 9 games without Duke, Dorsett, Scott, a consistent o line, a good qb and a horrible defense.............. do you think that maybe they can get better with guys healthy and consistent?

They added to bs teams to take the place of Kstate and ND are you blind to why we have 9 wins

They added to bs teams to take the place of Kstate and ND are you blind to why we have 9 wins

Thats not the **** point, **** near every school has garbage *** teams on their schedule every year and next year we'll have the same thing so we get some problems fixed it should lead to 1 more win

Couldn't compete is a bit extreme for a team being 1 win away from the ACCCG

3rd place out of 7 teams in the newly important ACC Coastal?
I think part of the point was HOW we played the two teams above us.
We did not compete w anyone who beat us this year.
It isn't to say we won't next year, but claiming success for last season for Duke almost losing to Wake?

What these recruits (especially DL and DB) need to know is they can start or get significant PT from day one if they work hard enough for it. Valentine will start first game here. JC probably plays nickel significantly.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is there any chance we can stop making EVERY recruiting thread about the end of the season. About AG this AG that blah blah blah...

As usual, its always about who we did not get. We have one of the top 3 RBs in the state this yr, but its all about the fact that Dalvin is not here. We were bad from the FSU game on out, well well well, DUKE got hurt in that game. Guy is the fuggin heart and soul of this team. No one talks about the 5, possibly 6, guys we have from D$ top ten in Dade/Broward. No they talk about the ones we did not get. Funny thing is everyone had Powell playing CB of course until he left. Now he is one of the elite RBs and AG totally missed on him. There are a couple of mid tier guys that AG has not offered from Sofla but the guy does recruit his a$$ off. So lets keep the whining on the football board and just talk recruiting.

And did someone actually say he has not filled needs with this class? umm you might want to go look. We are losing OL, we brought in 4. A couple are straight STUDS. Got an elite RB Yearby and QB and an extra QB. Got a good looking TE. We brought in a couple of high ceiling WR. Obviously, it would have been nice to get Ermon but we do still have Coley for 2 more years.
Brought in all kinds of hybrid DE/OLB some stud DE. Two Juco DT, and two other DT (1-top 10 in sofla)And we are still in the running for TV. We have two solid safety prospects and might just land a stud CB to go with Mayes. ATH Gray who looks like he could play a few positions. The issue is these guys were all wrapped up early, AG left a few spots open to shoot for the moon on and that is GOOD recruiting.

With all the talent in Sofla there will ALWAYS be misses, and there are more and more teams trying to poach our kids from down here. Sometimes we will just get out recruited, sometimes we will get the guy, sometimes we will not recruit certain guys for varying reasons. But the approach of fill up early on your targets, leave a few open to chase the kids you know are NSD kids is a great approach. This is a SOLID class that had the chance to be amazing had we hit on some of those NSD kids and now that they are gone the only one left are either high end NSD kids or mid tier kids that you have to project their talent. However if we finish with Lenius, Njoku, TV and JC then this class is still a great class I don't care where it ranks.

If you want to ***** about the staff please keep in on the football board, I can only read so much of the same old bullsh!t and I surely get my fill over on the football board. Thanks.

Thats not the **** point, **** near every school has garbage *** teams on their schedule every year and next year we'll have the same thing so we get some problems fixed it should lead to 1 more win

Relative to this past season, we really don't have any "garbage ***" teams scheduled for next year (outside of FAMU). An out of conference schedule of @Nebraska, Cincinnati, and Arkansas State is exponentially more difficult than FAU, UF, and Savannah State.

You better hope Al are Corch D are really "working their tails off" to fix the problems on defense because each of those teams is going to give us all that we can handle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back