Javion Cohen to Browns

The skinny:

Tested very poor at the combine, like very poor compared to peers. Strength was his biggest concern which was highlighted by his low bench reps. Great size (pause), but feet, transitioning, strength were the biggest concerns. There were other things, but those were the main concerns.

Advertisement
His workouts leading up to the draft were disappointing. He was a good college player with little pro potential. I personally thought he would go 6th or 7th but wasn’t surprised by this. Look at Matt Lee, he wasn’t good, he was great but only went 7th round. We as fans overrated our own and then underrated our rivals. Look at Pearsall, we said he was an okay player but his RAS score said he was elite.
both guys did a good job here but have short arms. lee isn't that athletic.

I never heard his name, except when he cleared the way for the winning TD against UVA. I mean that as a compliment.

It sucks that the Browns lost Bill Callahan this season. He's one of the great OL developers out there. The Browns do have two really good guards in JC Tredder and Joel Bitonio, so in theory, Cohen should benefit from sitting behind them and developing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back