Javier Morton

Advertisement
I think he can play corner. I think Jalen Harrel could also get it done there if need be. Remember last year Christian Williams was said to be a safety but we took him at corner and I could see the same thing happening here. Usually that happens because the kid is more ready to play safety right now but down the line they can hold up at corner.

Advertisement
I think he can play corner. I think Jalen Harrel could also get it done there if need be. Remember last year Christian Williams was said to be a safety but we took him at corner and I could see the same thing happening here. Usually that happens because the kid is more ready to play safety right now but down the line they can hold up at corner.
I'm not taking this out on you when I say this, but this is exactly what is wrong with our team right now. Instead of having TRUE position players we have a bunch of guys that can maybe play this or maybe play that. In my opinion this is why our team speed is so slow defensively. Give me 5'10 blazers over 6'2 projects that maybe have the fluidity to play corner. Who is the last true corner we had? Corn Elder?

I'm not taking this out on you when I say this, but this is exactly what is wrong with our team right now. Instead of having TRUE position players we have a bunch of guys that can maybe play this or maybe play that. In my opinion this is why our team speed is so slow defensively. Give me 5'10 blazers over 6'2 projects that maybe have the fluidity to play corner. Who is the last true corner we had? Corn Elder?
Elder wasn’t a true corner the guy was a rb in hs

Advertisement
This pretty much happens to everyone though. The teams that land top 100 prospects basically know what they are getting. Everyone else has to figure it out once the kid gets on campus. Look at how Matt Rhule built Baylor. They took a bunch of projects and developed them in positions they thought they would be best suited for. Thats how sustained programs build then you add the ready to play now 5 stars later. Also, Corn was not a corner at all. Played mostly O in high school and was regarded an "athlete" in recruiting. Many thought he would end up at safety.

GT is killing it. Can't believe they held onto Paul Johnson so long.. but they have no chance with RumF on it!

1st year bump....as they get their head crack next season they will be right back to what it is. They will have a hard time locally there...and would need to supplement with FL kids....They have a chance to be competitive every 3 years or so...UGA owns their base and every one else is in Metro ATL recruiting....

Advertisement
1st year bump....as they get their head crack next season they will be right back to what it is. They will have a hard time locally there...and would need to supplement with FL kids....They have a chance to be competitive every 3 years or so...UGA owns their base and every one else is in Metro ATL recruiting....
uga does NOT own their base. They are hemorrhaging more talent than we are in state actually , they just make up for that getting elite talent around the country. They only got 4 of the top 30(expanded 4 of the top 50 committed to them in state). There are 4 5 stars in state the only 5 star committed to uga is thinking about flipping to auburn. With that being said there is plenty of talent around the state for ga tech to clean up in that next tier for sure

uga does NOT own their base. They are hemorrhaging more talent than we are in state actually , they just make up for that getting elite talent around the country. They only got 4 of the top 30(expanded 4 of the top 50 committed to them in state). There are 4 5 stars in state the only 5 star committed to uga is thinking about flipping to auburn. With that being said there is plenty of talent around the state for ga tech to clean up in that next tier for sure
GT is basically in the smack middle of Atlanta. I visited Atlanta a year ago and I could see why a 18 year old kid would wanna go or stay there. Very progressive city with a huge African American population and huge influences on pop culture today. Was really impressed with how safe it was because I had heard otherwise before actually going there myself. Great city and I would rather spend 4 years there than in Athens anyday and twice on sundays.

GT is basically in the smack middle of Atlanta. I visited Atlanta a year ago and I could see why a 18 year old kid would wanna go or stay there. Very progressive city with a huge African American population and huge influences on pop culture today. Was really impressed with how safe it was because I had heard otherwise before actually going there myself. Great city and I would rather spend 4 years there than in Athens anyday and twice on sundays.
Yeah it’s in the city but they have a pretty good campus. Night life is great too, many bars around that you can go to that’s close by like Edgewood or even buck head bars whatever your preference. They will get more kids now that Paul Johnson is gone

Advertisement

Listen NO ONE cares about ga tech in ga over UGA. In state they own it....They can lose that talent when they are knee deep in FLA doing their thing. Literally u said it lol. Auburn has more pull in GA than GA Tech. ..and Clemson puts in work in the corridor as well.

GA Tech wont be cleaning up the next tier any time soon...

Listen NO ONE cares about ga tech in ga over UGA. In state they own it....They can lose that talent when they are knee deep in FLA doing their thing. Literally u said it lol. Auburn has more pull in GA than GA Tech. ..and Clemson puts in work in the corridor as well.

GA Tech wont be cleaning up the next tier any time soon...
When I’m saying Next tier I’m meaning Those mid ranked 3 stars maybe an on the cusp of 4star or 2.

The position of need is CB, not safety, is this guy able to play CB?

We have a need at every effing spot. Take whatever talented players you can find so Mario has something to work with.

Believe this kid is all GT.

GT is solidly having a nice recruiting class, per their standards. They have a chance to keep moving up. Believe they are #25 or something like that now.

Advertisement
Back