Javier Morton 4 star DB from Georgia

Are we pursuing this kid? We should put the full court press on him to replace Francois. If Georgia Tech is the main competition we shouldn't be beat out by bags.

Advertisement
Are we pursuing this kid? We should put the full court press on him to replace Francois. If Georgia Tech is the main competition we shouldn't be beat out by bags.
I don't even think he's on our radar at this point. Hopefully we are looking at him but I highly doubt it. We seem to be lazy at recruiting DBs. I could be wrong though.

I don't even think he's on our radar at this point. Hopefully we are looking at him but I highly doubt it. We seem to be lazy at recruiting DBs. I could be wrong though.

What gave you the impression were lazy at recruiting db's with all the db stories out this week plus a DB getting an offer the AH game tonight?

Dang I hope so too. We should be casting a wider net. Not a deep DB class this year locally, so we should be looking at Georgia, Jersey, Texas.

Advertisement
Dang I hope so too. We should be casting a wider net. Not a deep DB class this year locally, so we should be looking at Georgia, Jersey, Texas.

I disagree, it's very deep locally...It just lacked the superstar at the top, Francois was the closest thing to that. No "5*" like we've seen recently in south florida but very very deep.

If we are taking 1-2 more DB...The kids I would focus on

*J.Royal (Pitt commit), CB/S
*B. George (Juco), CB
*R. Delancy, CB/S
*J. Pough (Rutgers Commit) CB
*R. Hanna (Cuse Commit) S
J.Harrell (FSU Commit) CB/S

Locals ^^^

*L.Jenkins (Central Fl, lou commit after being a Tenn commit) CB/S
D. Slaughter (GA) S
*Da.Hill (Palmetto, FL) CB/S
Dom Hill (Orlando) CB/S
*Charles Toombs (Ath, FAU commti, size/grades may be issue) CB/S

All these kids can play, the ** are the ones I particularly like and would focus on. Unheralded 3* types from the state of Florida are owning the NFL draft every single April, get in the mix...There are a lot of other locals too, no idea if some have taken a step forward this senior year. Ingraham, Porter Jr, Antoine, etc, etc...**** I think H.Parrish would make an awesome corner, but I know he prob doesn't want to hear that. There's always the Restrepo possibility too, but I think he stays slot here.

Last edited:

J.Royal (Pitt commit), CB/S
*B. George (Juco), CB
*R. Delancy, CB/S

Locals ^^^

D. Slaughter (GA) S
Dom Hill (Orlando) CB/S

All these kids can play, the ** are the ones I particularly like and would focus on. Unheralded 3* types from the state of Florida are owning the NFL draft every single April, get in the mix...There are a lot of other locals too, no idea if some have taken a step forward this senior year. Ingraham, Porter Jr, Antoine, etc, etc...**** I think H.Parrish would make an awesome corner, but I know he prob doesn't want to hear that. There's always the Restrepo possibility too, but I think he stays slot here.
Great info. It's funny I had the same thought on Parrish but I agree he would not want to hear that.

Advertisement
I disagree, it's very deep locally...It just lacked the superstar at the top, Francois was the closest thing to that. No "5*" like we've seen recently in south florida but very very deep.
I heard it mentioned a few times here that it was not that deep this year, but your take sounds on point. Down here you can throw a rock and hit a DB lol

What gave you the impression were lazy at recruiting db's with all the db stories out this week plus a DB getting an offer the AH game tonight?
Lazy meaning a kid openly said he has interest and there hasn't been any info to come out that we at least contacted him. Lazy as in offering kids but not continuing to recruit kids after we send the offer which has happened plenty of times. I also acknowledged that my thinking could be wrong. I could be taking your response wrong but why come at me as if I'm claiming my thoughts as fact?

Advertisement

*J.Royal (Pitt commit), CB/S
*B. George (Juco), CB
*R. Delancy, CB/S

Locals ^^^

D. Slaughter (GA) S
Dom Hill (Orlando) CB/S

So we've fallen back so far we have to look at stealing Rutgers commits now? Not NJ kids who committed early to the home state school, but a Florida kid who felt it was his best offer?

Nothing against the kid (i hope he balls out) but out of principle i could not do that.

So we've fallen back so far we have to look at stealing Rutgers commits now? Not NJ kids who committed early to the home state school, but a Florida kid who felt it was his best offer?

Nothing against the kid (i hope he balls out) but out of principle i could not do that.

He committed to Rutgers. That wasnt his best offer. He had an Lsu offer b4, Indiana a number of others. Him committing to Rutgers was actually surprising

Advertisement
He committed to Rutgers. That wasnt his best offer. He had an Lsu offer b4, Indiana a number of others. Him committing to Rutgers was actually surprising

All due respect gogeta...Do you really think this kid coulda committed to UM or LSU at anytime? I mean these "offers" are just getting thrown around casually as signs of interest right?

All due respect gogeta...Do you really think this kid coulda committed to UM or LSU at anytime? I mean these "offers" are just getting thrown around casually as signs of interest right?

Naw but LSU offered b4 Um. Louisville wants him bad...He's not a Rutgers level recruit...that was a big coup for Rutgers honestly.

Honestly their are options to replace Francois locally if you saw him as a cb prospect. Full steam ahead on Morton, Royal, i would honestly look at Delancey as well. Delancey we most definately could lock up.

I like Dom Hill out of Orlando area as well...and i would still see what Harrell the fsu commit interest is.

Naw but LSU offered b4 Um. Louisville wants him bad...He's not a Rutgers level recruit...that was a big coup for Rutgers honestly.

Honestly their are options to replace Francois locally if you saw him as a cb prospect. Full steam ahead on Morton, Royal, i would honestly look at Delancey as well. Delancey we most definately could lock up.

I like Dom Hill out of Orlando area as well...and i would still see what Harrell the fsu commit interest is.

Delancy had a big game infront of Manny

Advertisement
Back