Javi Salas recaps weekend and looks forward to a huge week for Canes Baseball

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

After a key, extra innings midweek win over FIU, Miami took a step back in the series against Notre Dame. Cane alum Javi Salas, who threw the 23rd perfect game in D1 baseball history, joined the CanesInSight Podcast to recap the week and look ahead to this week’s games. Below is a summary of our conversation with Javi:

On his biggest takeaways from the weekend: Going into the series, Notre Dame was 0-6 in conference. From the outside looking in, it looked like a series...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
3-1 would be a nice week for us.
I'm not completely sold on that Clemson pitching staff.
Remember the games are Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week.

3-1 would be a nice week for us.
I'm not completely sold on that Clemson pitching staff.
Remember the games are Thursday, Friday and Saturday this week.
Agreed. They mash. But they don’t field it well and the staff has a lot of k’s but they give up runs. So we just need to capitalize on any walks/errors and put up some crooked numbers. My fear is they mash…and if they get into our pen early any game it could be trouble.

Imagine if they still had Amick on top of it all.

Advertisement
Their line-up is absolutely deadly. May be the best offense in college baseball.
They go up looking to do damage. We still face Fsu, Vtech, Duke, and Louisville who all have top 25 offenses and we survived UVA who has a top 10 offense…but thankfully a bottom 10 bullpen.

Advertisement
Back