Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This should be the mature response, only thing unsettling is that we’ve had several insiders on here who have stated that UF has strained their relationship with the palmetto kids or haven’t been recruiting at the level of our staff. 3 of his teammates are committed and 2 of them commit to Miami in weeks, Every insider CBs him to us, as a coach you let the kids make their own choices and live with it. Even if he were to commit to Miami and flip on NSD that’s his decision. But to tell him to wait and all of a sudden UF has this magical comeback. Just seems fishy..

This should be the mature response, only thing unsettling is that we’ve had several insiders on here who have stated that UF has strained their relationship with the palmetto kids or haven’t been recruiting at the level of our staff. 3 of his teammates are committed and 2 of them commit to Miami in weeks, Every insider CBs him to us, as a coach you let the kids make their own choices and live with it. Even if he were to commit to Miami and flip on NSD that’s his decision. But to tell him to wait and all of a sudden UF has this magical comeback. Just seems fishy..
right. especially when they basically dont have a functioning recruiting department

You gotta get the kids first man. What 3 star DB went first round from UF?
You guys act like these schools have these position gurus who can just get any Tom **** and Harry off the street and turn him Into a first round db.
Only dude in the last decade to turn nobodies into day one picks at his position that he didn’t even recruit was kool at Missouri and even that was little overplayed.
Oh I agree, but the recruits don't care. They're taking into account what we're doing with the DBs we do get. Rumph and Banda have to do a better job at identifying recruits with professional traits. Our lack of representation in the league at DB doesn't help either.

people simply use logic

LOL thats a tall order around here, friend.

It's really not that difficult to piece together what happened. I literally described almost exactly what you described about five minutes after the initial decommit and I'm not even remotely plugged in. It was easy to figure out because the coach had already tried to ***** Miami a couple times.

Yet posters keep saying "durrr.. Diaz blew it and Rumph stinks" and can't see what is right under their noses.

In any case, I wouldn't rule out Marshall taking the UF "incentives" and going elsewhere. What's UF going to do - demand a refund?

Last edited:
Exactly @franchise I think has been saying stop falling for the position coach guru crap.

You may get lucky every now and then and get a guy the recruiting services missed on and turn him into a first round pick but that’s the exception not the rule.

How many first round dbs have $aban had that weren’t high four or five stars?

How many ANY POSITION has Saban had....it’s easy to be great when your essentially coaching an all-star team every year..

Advertisement
First time ever posting a comment about Mike Rumph. Here’s the deal- he will be coaching for his job in the 2021 season (we will not be having a 2020 season, forget about it). In 2021, Blades and Ivey will be 4 year players in this program. If they do not take a *big* step forward and be all conference players or something, Rumph will be gone. It’s that simple. You guys don’t have to worry about it. No need to discuss his recruiting misses. Everyone knows about them.

I think I’m one of the most fair critics of rumph. And I blame him when it calls for it. I know the optics but this one falls elsewhere
I. Don’t. Care.

Rumph gets the L because he’s the DB coach. Period.

Need coaches to be an asset not a liability in recruiting where you are purposely held out because you can’t close the deal.

Can you imagine a five star quarterback and the qb coach (or OC) is never involved in his recruitment?

And what if I told you that that QB coach has never had a first round QB it first three rounds?

You would ask why is said Qb coach still on the staff?

We need to do better. Only reason he’s lasted this long is he’s a cane and if we fired him and he went back to high school we’d have another enemy coach in our backyard.

Advertisement
Man I wish people would just STFU about Rumph. Dude ain't GOING NO WHERE. Got that? NO WHERE. If Patke and Baker is on the staff you can bet that. Marshall went to UF because that's where his heart was the whole time. The hype and momentum got the best of his Teenage heart, but once the high wore off UF was the spot.

Lock up Brown, Get Chase Smith, Hood, and whoever. Then, start on 2022.

Last edited:
247 has them at 24 recruits and one spot behind us, does that mean that can take collier and that's it? or does smallcoxson give them another IC for this year? I would love nothing more than to finish ahead of these **** boys.

27 is Florida's magic number. I think somebody or two gets processed too. Lot of Arnold to UF smoke but i think if Collier commits to UF tomorrow then Arnold becomes a plus 1. No way we'd take 7 db's

Cb:

Marshall
Kamar
Jordan Young

Safties:

Collier*
McMillon
Arnold

Star:

Dakota Mitchell

How many ANY POSITION has Saban had....it’s easy to be great when your essentially coaching an all-star team every year..

What I give him credit for is he’s created a machine and maximize the use of his virtual unlimited money.

Money is half of the battle. If money was it Texas would be in the championship game every year.

Saban has his system rolling. You give him the same budget UM has and he ain’t winning that many championships.

For his system to work you have be willing to spend a ton of money.

Advertisement
I. Don’t. Care.

Rumph gets the L because he’s the DB coach. Period.

Need coaches to be an asset not a liability in recruiting where you are purposely held out because you can’t close the deal.

Can you imagine a five star quarterback and the qb coach (or OC) is never involved in his recruitment?

And what if I told you that that QB coach has never had a first round QB it first three rounds?

You would ask why is said Qb coach still on the staff?

We need to do better. Only reason he’s lasted this long is he’s a cane and if we fired him and he went back to high school we’d have another enemy coach in our backyard.
You won’t get any arguments from me I get the Criticisms

Advertisement
Cmon mane. You’re a vet - you know better than to believe the ol “he’s not about the bags” or “his family doesn’t need bags” lines. Look at TC a couple years ago. Most guys succumb to it.

I envision Hova and Brewster having a Menace to Society “Cheeseburger moment” with The family. Knowing there coaching/jobs depended on it.

Exactly @franchise I think has been saying stop falling for the position coach guru crap.

You may get lucky every now and then and get a guy the recruiting services missed on and turn him into a first round pick but that’s the exception not the rule.

How many first round dbs have $aban had that weren’t high four or five stars?
Just Eddie Jackson but he was a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

Much respect bro 💯

No one is running me off anywhere, I'll stand in the fire & take whatever heat anyone wants to send my way. I just share whatever info I have & offer my perspective that's that, never claimed to be an insider, except when it comes to MNW that's different, that's my school lol.

But in this case, I made 5 predictions on this site for Marshall, starting back in April, UF, then Bama, then UF again, then Bama, then Miami lol. For the last month my sources were 2 coaches who knew Marshall since optimist ball & both said they believed he was going to commit to Miami, I didn't believe it at first but every time I asked they consistently told me "Miami". The whole debacle on 8/1 was, the kid had indicated to the staff he was nearing a commitment & they believed it would be Miami, Manasco leaked it to to Ivins & Ivins told Wiltfong, hence the CB's & the Manny tweet, but Manasco convinced his parents & Jason to hold off & wait, thus everything stalled.

Every writer covering Miami for 247 including Urrtia & David Lake CB's Marshall to Miami, Gaytors insider (who CB'd both Smith & Taylor to Miami) also CB'd Jason to Miami. All of the talk had been Miami or Bama with Miami having huge momentum, then he picks UF.

No one knew he was picking UF, if they did there would've been Crystal balls from writers picking UF, so if people simply use logic something obviously happened in the last week.
Can you confirm that? It’s what I surmised, and the reason why I think this whole thing was a calculated troll, but none of my people have actually confirmed it.

No reason for Marshall to tell our guys to keep it quiet only for his camp to leak it the day of unless it was a deliberate chicken **** move.

So we gotta run Palmetto's coach out of town...if he's actively pushing kids away from our school...can't have that in your backyard.

No need, Palmetto loses a ton obviously after this year, won’t matter for at least a few years. By landing 2 to 3 of the Palmetto boys and one being Taylor, I’ll take that win and not **** anyone off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back