Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get it. Miami just got Taylor the better recruit and his coach is the reason we didn’t get Marshall?

And now Florida bought him lol? But Miami is owning the state? Don’t “ buy “ it

Advertisement
247 has them at 24 recruits and one spot behind us, does that mean that can take collier and that's it? or does smallcoxson give them another IC for this year? I would love nothing more than to finish ahead of these **** boys.

It just so happens South Florida DB’s are the biggest divas of any players in the nation. The list goes on & on. Rumph is what he is but he’s recruiting by the toughest position.
Agree but you can’t lose a kid that you coached and he knew you his entire life. That’s indefensible.

Stop with the excuses. At the end of the day all that matters is results.

This is what sucks about the lack of local pride down here. We have operatives from all our rival schools coaching HS football down here and openly steering guys away from UM. And there are no repercussions.

Manasshole would be strung up by his tiny balls if he was coaching in TuKKKaloosa and pulled this caper. I’m not advocating violence against that sweaty smarmy pig, but he should be run out of town.

You can tell this guy is a snake in the fact as an FSU alumni he’s steering kids to UiF.....Coaches in the area need to turn their backs on his ***.Pro UM AND Pro FSU

I’ve given up arguing on Rumph, it’s pointless, he is what he is, and has shown us to be. Solid-Good technician with an ineptitude in recruiting. He’s a Manny guy so he isn’t going nowhere, just have to have hope he catches lightning in a bottle with one of the DBs on roster, see if he can get them at least a 2nd round selection. Maybe we’ll get 4 star DBs and train them up in the future. But I see no 5 stars from SFL committing in the future.

Advertisement
There are a LOT of pro UM coaches in South Florida at all levels.

But this team has made it very hard for them to promote the school and you're right, there are a lot of snakes down here that have made those lines to Alabama, Georgia, Florida very open.

We gotta start winning.
Even if we're winning, those guys will still be loyal to whoever cuts them a check. What winning will do is entrench us in the hearts and minds of recruits.

I want Marshall, for sure. I think

Its the team he originally wanted. The glamor of Miami and the momentum died down and he stuck with his gut.

Yall hate on his coach for telling him to wait, but i don't. Imagine coaching a kid who has been all UF for a year. His teammates go to miami and he's starting to second guess. You tell him to hold off and think about it to ensure 100% he's made up his mind. I mean, thats just being a good mentor. I don't blame Jason for not making a rash decision and holding off.

If he thinks Florida will develop him and that's where his heart is, then good luck to the young man.
While this sucks, I agree with you and furthermore it’s better to get this now instead of finding out about him wanting to jump right before NSD or the early version. At least now you can put together the best class given what is left (really decent names) instead of scrambling to fill a spot.

Advertisement
This is why I always stay neutral until that letter of intent is signed. I told y'all we usually don't get kids like this. That silence on all fronts after he didn't commit last week was all I needed to know. Collier most likely follows suit tomorrow. Sh*t, this makes me question LT's commitment.

I'm not going to join the Rumph hate train but if we want to get kids like Marshall, those 4th and 5th rounders are going to have to turn into 1st and 2nd; that actually goes for the entire defense. UF can sell their players getting drafted on Day 1 & 2 even when they were bad.
You gotta get the kids first man. What 3 star DB went first round from UF?
You guys act like these schools have these position gurus who can just get any Tom **** and Harry off the street and turn him Into a first round db.
Only dude in the last decade to turn nobodies into day one picks at his position that he didn’t even recruit was kool at Missouri and even that was little overplayed.

There are a LOT of pro UM coaches in South Florida at all levels.

But this team has made it very hard for them to promote the school and you're right, there are a lot of snakes down here that have made those lines to Alabama, Georgia, Florida very open.

We gotta start winning.
That's how all of this is solved. Expecting all of the top kids down here to commit to an under-performing team would take effort from EVERYONE; parents, coaches, friends, handlers, teachers, etc. We don't have the juice currently which means our staff has to work double time just to get some kids to even consider us, and easier for a Bama or UGA to cherry pick whomever.

Not only that, even if he wasn’t directly recruiting him the kid knew he was going to be recruited by him. So him being the coach wasn’t enough to make the kid want to come.
On the flip though, kool wasn’t enough to make elite dudes come here either despite a lot of coaches saying he was one of the best at his position.
Gotta take the L and move on. No way he flips if there is no season. Sound like we’re gonna he pulling in 3 star project again.

Told someone a minute ago that if we don’t play this year I don’t think Rumph will be here when we do play again..jmo

Manny tried to replace him last year but it fell through.Now with The guys we are gonna have back there going forward It should be a lot easier to go get a beast recruiter and coach to replace him with...

So let me know when it’s ok to criticize our DB coach for failing to land another five star CB.

The fact that he wasn’t involved in his recruitment is an indictment itself.

Your wife is getting cucked and you say it’s not her fault guys I should have paid attention to her feelings.

FOH!
I think I’m one of the most fair critics of rumph. And I blame him when it calls for it. I know the optics but this one falls elsewhere

Advertisement
He’s a Manny guy so he isn’t going nowhere

It was reported that Diaz was planning on replacing him but the dude he was going to hire (not sure who it was TBH) backed out. Rumph also apparently has some strong supporters that are high rollers who didn't want Diaz to fire him. Why they would be so pro- Rumph I can't answer.

Much respect bro 💯

No one is running me off anywhere, I'll stand in the fire & take whatever heat anyone wants to send my way. I just share whatever info I have & offer my perspective that's that, never claimed to be an insider, except when it comes to MNW that's different, that's my school lol.

But in this case, I made 5 predictions on this site for Marshall, starting back in April, UF, then Bama, then UF again, then Bama, then Miami lol. For the last month my sources were 2 coaches who knew Marshall since optimist ball & both said they believed he was going to commit to Miami, I didn't believe it at first but every time I asked they consistently told me "Miami". The whole debacle on 8/1 was, the kid had indicated to the staff he was nearing a commitment & they believed it would be Miami, Manasco leaked it to to Ivins & Ivins told Wiltfong, hence the CB's & the Manny tweet, but Manasco convinced his parents & Jason to hold off & wait, thus everything stalled.

Every writer covering Miami for 247 including Urrtia & David Lake CB's Marshall to Miami, Gaytors insider (who CB'd both Smith & Taylor to Miami) also CB'd Jason to Miami. All of the talk had been Miami or Bama with Miami having huge momentum, then he picks UF.

No one knew he was picking UF, if they did there would've been Crystal balls from writers picking UF, so if people simply use logic something obviously happened in the last week.
37BC36AA-0155-4C54-8C74-49850ABF3045.gif

Advertisement
You gotta get the kids first man. What 3 star DB went first round from UF?
You guys act like these schools have these position gurus who can just get any Tom **** and Harry off the street and turn him Into a first round db.
Only dude in the last decade to turn nobodies into day one picks at his position that he didn’t even recruit was kool at Missouri and even that was little overplayed.
Exactly @franchise I think has been saying stop falling for the position coach guru crap.

You may get lucky every now and then and get a guy the recruiting services missed on and turn him into a first round pick but that’s the exception not the rule.

How many first round dbs have $aban had that weren’t high four or five stars?

It was reported that Diaz was planning on replacing him but the dude he was going to hire (not sure who it was TBH) backed out. Rumph also apparently has some strong supporters that are high rollers who didn't want Diaz to fire him. Why they would be so pro- Rumph I can't answer.
he was almost a goner twice.

I want Marshall, for sure. I think

Its the team he originally wanted. The glamor of Miami and the momentum died down and he stuck with his gut.

Yall hate on his coach for telling him to wait, but i don't. Imagine coaching a kid who has been all UF for a year. His teammates go to miami and he's starting to second guess. You tell him to hold off and think about it to ensure 100% he's made up his mind. I mean, thats just being a good mentor. I don't blame Jason for not making a rash decision and holding off.

If he thinks Florida will develop him and that's where his heart is, then good luck to the young man.
This should be the mature response, only thing unsettling is that we’ve had several insiders on here who have stated that UF has strained their relationship with the palmetto kids or haven’t been recruiting at the level of our staff. 3 of his teammates are committed and 2 of them commit to Miami in weeks, Every insider CBs him to us, as a coach you let the kids make their own choices and live with it. Even if he were to commit to Miami and flip on NSD that’s his decision and he lives with it. But to tell him to wait and all of a sudden UF has this magical comeback. Just seems fishy..

Get Amari Daniels, Markevious Brown. I think those two should be feasible. Go all out for Jaydon Hood and Chase Smith. See what happens. Staff probably won’t go after Terrence Lewis so move on. Then keep trying for Garcia at QB. Can’t get him, don’t take a QB this class. I’d also still go all out now for Yulkeith brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back