Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
When the position coach isn't recruiting the position of an elite talent that should tell you what Manny feels about Rumph. **** near all these latest recruiting wins we've had recruits talk about how their position coach did a great job recruiting them but we can't trust Rumph to recruit this elite kid? Manny needs to make a move after this season and if that's DVD so be it.

I don't disagree about Rumph's ****tiness on the trail.

But that wasn't the deciding factor here.

Two things can be true at once.

He didn't silently commit to us and then suddenly realize Rumph had zero personality.

Goes back to everything ive said about a coach.... if the kid and college he is choosing want to tr9ll then thats on them.

A coach of a local HS team should have no business being involved in it unless he himself wanted him to go there or he was benefiting from it
Agree and after this little stunt it might be time to run that fat POS out of town. That’s Seminole/gator wannabe has no business coaching in Dade county.

Agree and after this little stunt it might be time to run that fat POS out of town. That’s Seminole/gator wannabe has no business coaching in Dade county.
You can rest assure this doesnt happen in certain states with certain teams **cough SEC teams cough**

My Auburn buddy gave be the back story on one recruit in Bama who was ready to pick AU. Parents worked for big Bama booster. Night before parents were told in so many words if he aint headed to Tuscaloosa consider this your resignation. Kid picked Bama that night but was in tears

Advertisement
I posted this a.m that my Guy said UFs coming strong...and then UF is doing UF things...he still felt confident...but he was right...all I did was be truthful in ref to what he said....

I thought people said Marshall isn’t about the Florida being Florida life cough cough bags. Not directing at you Orlando just referencing your post

Advertisement
Rumph was hired in part to pull the heritage kids. Rumph couldn't recruit his own kid if he was a 5 star DB.
Rumph was hired in part to pull the heritage kids. Rumph
I don’t get this whole thing about his high school coach. Who cares if he’s anti Miami? Elite kids who make these coaches look good, really get played so their coaches can get a kick back? If his coach got paid he knows about it too.

And spare me the “father figure” stuff too. If your coach isn’t feeding you and putting a roof over your head, you look stupid listening to him when it comes to your future.
Exactly

Gotta be honest - I don't really care about recruiting rank bragging rights. If he'd committed today to Miami I would have been skeptical that he'd sign given that Bama wanted him badly. He already demonstrated he was flaky so the concern would be warranted. Wouldn't get too excited about a player that probably isn't signing.

I'm sure UF will do backflips and brag about rank when Collier signs even though we know he is bolting for LSU at the first opportunity.

It's like bank software glitching and showing you have one billion in your account. It's fun to take a screenshot and pretend you are a billionaire, but the reality is that money isn't staying there.

To put it another way, let's say you been wanting to smash some chick who is a 10. She keeps flirting with you and saying she wants to cook you breakfast in the morning. She calls saying she is coming over. Then a few min before she is supposed to get there she says, “Oh, I'm just a little tired lets take a raincheck.“ Then you go out to get a burger and see her car outside a club. A few days later she says she wants to come over. You going to say "nah, not interested" because you know she already lied once? Or just OK and wait and see if she shows up or not? Maybe hope for the best but get another booty call on speed dial who is a 9 that you know for sure wants to get down.

Advertisement
I thought people said Marshall isn’t about the Florida being Florida life cough cough bags. Not directing at you Orlando just referencing your post
Cmon mane. You’re a vet - you know better than to believe the ol “he’s not about the bags” or “his family doesn’t need bags” lines. Look at TC a couple years ago. Most guys succumb to it.

Coaches new and let the gaytor coaches still think they had him in the bag right up until they didn’t. Hence the reaction from there secondary coach english. That’s trolling in my book and that’s what recruiting is all about, it’s gamesmanship. Sometimes it’s goes your way and sometimes it doesn’t.
Oh I didn't know.

Who Is going to be the first kid that we develop into a 1st rounder and finds success in league? Until that happens I believe we are going to continue to whiff on these elite db’s

Advertisement
Gotta be honest - I don't really care about recruiting rank bragging rights. If he'd committed today to Miami I would have been skeptical that he'd sign given that Bama wanted him badly. He already demonstrated he was flaky so the concern would be warranted. Wouldn't get too excited about a player that probably isn't signing.

I'm sure UF will do backflips and brag about rank when Collier signs even though we know he is bolting for LSU at the first opportunity.

It's like bank software glitching and showing you have one billion in your account. It's fun to take a screenshot and pretend you are a billionaire, but the reality is that money isn't staying there.

To put it another way, let's say you been wanting to smash some chick who is a 10. She keeps flirting with you and saying she wants to cook you breakfast in the morning. She calls saying she is coming over. Then a few min before she is supposed to get there she says, “Oh, I'm just a little tired lets take a raincheck.“ Then you go out to get a burger and see her car outside a club. A few days later she says she wants to come over. You going to say "nah, not interested" because you know she already lied once? Or just OK and wait and see if she shows up or not? Maybe hope for the best but get another booty call on speed dial who is a 9 that you know for sure wants to get down.

This analogy doesn’t work because our backup is probably a 7 at best.

Why would we have given Rumph credit for someone he wasn’t the lead for? I credit him for what he does with guys who make it to campus, it it’s long been established his recruiting was less than elite, which is why I was happy to hear Banda/DVD/Cooney were taking the lead on CB targets. That, to me, shows Manny knowing what Rumph isn’t great at and finding him help to recruit and get the kids to campus where Rumph is excellent at, coaching.
WTF is Rumph good at ? He can’t recruit , He can’t coach. Why be on this staff,
You don’t hire your ****** stepbrother to be a VP of your multimillion dollar company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back