Jason Marshall Commits To UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If it's money Marshall's looking for, Bama will drop a bigger bag. Then, he can get beat by his boys next year.

Advertisement
See this is where we begin to walk a slippery slope. The recruiting misses of a special teams & strikers coach are nowhere close to being as egregious as they are for a CB coach. In this passing era one could make the argument that CB is the most important or 2nd most important position on the entire Defense. Ultimately it's a false equivalency
First I don’t blame staff here one bit. I think this kid and his coach made a shrewd move to get Bama and UiF to up the bag. I’m only shocked that UiF was the high bidder.

As for the rest of what you are saying, I don’t think so. I’m not saying Rumph isn’t a recruiting liability but he’s a better coach and recruiter than Patke. I wouldn’t object to moving on from Rumph but they need to move on from the weakest link in the chain too.

Advertisement
Better he commits to the Gates now than on NSD, or commits to us and flips to them later. Again, now we can focus on the same recruits we were focused on 3 weeks ago before the smoke started.

Advertisement
It’s all good , almost two years of getting literally everything right. Ahead of pay sites.

This is the trolls moment.

Let them eat.
Haters are always gonna hate cribby, so pay those fools no mind. Just wanted to get your take on this Cribby, we all could see the tide turn in our favor with LT as he was working out with ex canes and sold on our defensive scheme and early playing time, so basically it was tangible stuff leading to a forecast that he would pic us which he did. So my question is do you think with Williams jumping on board along with LT that we all just got caught up in the excitement and wanted to believe we were getting marshal even though nothing tangible was pointing him our way, he wasn’t working out with ex canes like LT was and maybe we all including the coaches just wanted to believe in the momentum/wave? And on top of that with how this went down I think UF who always knew they were getting marshal orchestrated this whole thing to try to counter and get back at us because of all the momentum we’ve had and taking LT from them? It just seems real fishy that crystalball gate would stop a kid from committing to the school if that’s were he wanted to go, I mean these kids know deal and that’s the job of these recruting site reporters. So to say that stopped him from commiting and then he all of a sudden commits to the gaytors a week later seems fishy as **** and a set up from the beginning. Your thoughts bro?

I don't know the duration but if I played the position, was coached by someone (even for a year) and still can't close. I obviously don't feel you can teach me enough to maximize my abilities.

I don’t think that makes 100% sense. Despite whatever previous ideas or feelings you have about an upcoming decision as a recruit, a guy comes in a coaches you or your TEAM for one football season, you are automatically supposed to be more inclined to follow that person? Basically guaranteed to follow that person? I don’t think so.

Advertisement
We're all tripping about the Marshall news while news is starting to come out that the season is done
Screenshot_20200809-185343_Twitter.jpg

Arguing that “Rumph had nothing to do with this” is insane. The fact that Rumph had nothing to do with it is *exactly why* he had a lot to do with it.

So you think if Rumph were Alec Baldwin from Glengarry Glen Ross, Marshall would've foregone the bags (allegedly)?

I agree his recruiting sucks, but until we get serious (you know what I'm talking about), this is going to happen with certain kids no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back