Jarren Williams

It's not meaningless. No college football game is meaningless. Ending the year on a positive note, to what was a crappy season is not meaningless. Also, the first game up on deck is UF. I'd like to not roll out a QB (Williams) that has zero experience against a division 1 defense. If it's a meaningless game, make it mean something by getting quality snaps for the young guys you're going to be counting on, like Campbell, Ezzard, Williams, etc... Not living up to some nostalgic period because you decided to hold onto the memories of Rosier of last year; completely ignoring Rosier of this year.

I've been trying not to post anything because I'm pretty much done here. But in this case I couldn't resist.

U know how Richt endlessly preaches about needing to win? Surely he doesn't have any contract incentives that kick in at.. Idk.. 8 wins? Of course we'll never know because UM is a private school that doesnt have to release details of his contract. But at this point, would it surprise anyone if true?

Advertisement
I've been trying not to post anything because I'm pretty much done here. But in this case I couldn't resist.

U know how Richt endlessly preaches about needing to win? Surely he doesn't have any contract incentives that kick in at.. Idk.. 8 wins? Of course we'll never know because UM is a private school that doesnt have to release details of his contract. But at this point, would it surprise anyone if true?
A bonus for 8 wins??? That should be a fireable record playing in the ACC Coastal.

A bonus for 8 wins??? That should be a fireable record playing in the ACC Coastal.

Agreed. It should be. But those contracts always have incentives for reaching a certain number. And before last season, it felt like every year had been 9 or 7 wins.

Advertisement

And? And if contract is structured like most there are incentives to win your conference, win championship, playoffs, etc.

No issues with any of those guys getting some time, even if special teams or whatever if its their final game in a Miami uniform. Now if it were the playoffs, I would see things a bit differently. But it's not. The game is essentially meaningless.

I'd be fine letting Malik play in his final game....right alongside Knowles on special teams, not as a QB.

Advertisement
And? And if contract is structured like most there are incentives to win your conference, win championship, playoffs, etc.

And.. Everyone else on the planet sees the bowl game as a pointless game, but also the last opportunity some of these guys will get to see the field before 2019. Will Richt be more concerned with reaching 8 wins?

I mean.. If its 14-14 at the half or going into the 4th, u think Richt is thinking about what's best for the team moving forward by playing guys who need the pt? Or thinking about his bonus & doing whats best for him? Id like to think he's better than that. But more than a few good arguments have been made that he's not.

Look at Dean. If u had to play him or Frierson, which guy is more likely to help u get the win & which guy needs the pt?

Advertisement
Advertisement
And.. Everyone else on the planet sees the bowl game as a pointless game, but also the last opportunity some of these guys will get to see the field before 2019. Will Richt be more concerned with reaching 8 wins?

I mean.. If its 14-14 at the half or going into the 4th, u think Richt is thinking about what's best for the team moving forward by playing guys who need the pt? Or thinking about his bonus & doing whats best for him? Id like to think he's better than that. But more than a few good arguments have been made that he's not.

Look at Dean. If u had to play him or Frierson, which guy is more likely to help u get the win & which guy needs the pt?

If his contract is structured that he gets paid more to win games what is wrong with him trying to win more? Don't we as fans desire that too? I don't get your reasoning that he should be more concerned with developing players than winning games. They both actually go hand in hand. You just disagree with who he decides to play. If he decides Dean gives him a better chance over Frierson then that is his prerogative as head coach to make that call based on the information at his disposal.

The issue is not his contract or his financial ambition. It's his competency as coach. I'm perfectly fine with him trying to win every game and fine with incentives in his contract for doing so. The question is who he thinks are the best guys that give him the best chance to win and whether he is making the right call. I am sure when he plays Florida he'll want to win that game too and I would not want him to be concerned playing guys for development purposes in that game for when he plays FSU later in the season.

Advertisement
Back