Jarren Williams

2985409e14b986ad9dd997fb1ba59fa19e1cd8f175b726109763a8b7bd85621e.jpg

This game is about the future... this isnt a New years eve bowl game this is a blow joes random bowl game..

If Perry is indeed suspended get Williams out there and see what we got so we can put it on film and start working all offseason to get him ready for Florida

Also, we just had to re-recruit Williams to prevent him from transferring. Playing Malik in front of him seems rather.....well.....dumb.

Advertisement
2985409e14b986ad9dd997fb1ba59fa19e1cd8f175b726109763a8b7bd85621e.jpg

This game is about the future... this isnt a New yeamoors eve bowl game this is a blow joes random bowl game..

If Perry is indeed suspended get Williams out there and see what we got so we can put it on film and start working all offseason to get him ready for Florida

I never said this game was meaningful. I also said to play your young guys. You are just attacking straw men and making ad hominem statements.

You don't think you can determine what your guys can do in one quarter of action? The issue is whether Malik deserves some playing time. I think you can make an argument he does.

You can quibble all you want about how much time. I am not making the case it has to be a certain amount.

Last edited:
I never said this game was meaningful. I also said to play your young guys. You are just attacking straw men.

You don't think you can determine what your guys can do in one quarter of action? The issue is whether Malik deserves some playing time. I think you make an argument you can.

You can quibble all you want about how much time. I am not making the case it has to be a certain amount.

I'm sorry is this a Pee Wee football team with participation trophies? No. Rosie has gotten a free degree and work on his masters all for free while probably outkicking his coverage with some chicks by being the starting QB as long as he was.

And no you cannot get an idea of what a guy can do especially with this offense as you might get one drive maybe two in and they might consist of two three and outs with running the ball 4 times and only 2 drop back passes... would that have you feeling good on what you have?

I never said this game was meaningful. I also said to play your young guys. You are just attacking straw men and making ad hominem statements.

You don't think you can determine what your guys can do in one quarter of action? The issue is whether Malik deserves some playing time. I think you make an argument he does.

Why does Malik deserve playing time? What has he done to warrant playing time this season?

Advertisement
Go back and read my prior comments. Not going to keep repeating myself and restating what I have said already.

So since he was mature (even though I consistently keeps responding to fans on social media), he deserves to play. That's the most idiotic argument I've ever heard.

NKosi sounds like he's done. But you can still accomplish all of above and give Malik some playing time as a reward too.

It doesn't matter. Then You play Williams and Weldon. Or just williams. But, You play guys who need the reps so we can compete next season.

I understand what you're saying.

I don't agree with it.

Miami needs to act like an elite program and focus on making decisions that will help us win a championship. Not make seniors/upperclassmen feel warm and fuzzy on their way out.

So since he was mature (even though I consistently keeps responding to fans on social media), he deserves to play. That's the most idiotic argument I've ever heard.

Can't stand social media. But compared to what these other guys have done and the fact he has handled this fiasco of which he is not to blame with some semblance of maturity, he should get some time in his very last game of his UM career. He's done everything that has been asked of him while these other guys act like the 3 stooges. Not sure why this is even an issue for some of you.

Advertisement
It doesn't matter. Then You play Williams and Weldon. Or just williams. But, You play guys who need the reps so we can compete next season.

I understand what you're saying.

I don't agree with it.

Miami needs to act like an elite program and focus on making decisions that will help us win a championship. Not make seniors/upperclassmen feel warm and fuzzy on their way out.

We can agree to disagree. I still think you can accomplish everything you have said and reward Malik by playing him his very last game. Don't care if it's a series, quarter, or half.

Can't stand social media. But compared to what these other guys have done and the fact he has handled this fiasco of which he is not to blame with some semblance of maturity, he should get some time in his very last game of his UM career. He's done everything that has been asked of him while these other guys act like the 3 stooges. Not sure why this is even an issue for some of you.

Robert Knowles hasn't done anything wrong this season either, should he get playing time? How about Bar Milo, think he should start at guard over Donaldson? I'm sure there are some walk-ons as well that haven't been suspended once, they should definitely get in.

You see a trend here. If you apply maturity and never getting into trouble as a reason for playing time over other players, you'd have to apply this concept across the board. How about you play your best players so you can win?

We can agree to disagree. I still think you can accomplish everything you have said and reward Malik by playing him his very last game. Don't care if it's a series, quarter, or half.
Reward him for his fantastic performances this year? Not getting in trouble ? But it’s ok for him to talk about the fans .... look everyone has squandered their chances except jarren please give the kid a shot

Robert Knowles hasn't done anything wrong this season either, should he get playing time? How about Bar Milo, think he should start at guard over Donaldson? I'm sure there are some walk-ons as well that haven't been suspended once, they should definitely get in.

You see a trend here. If you apply maturity and never getting into trouble as a reason for playing time over other players, you'd have to apply this concept across the board. How about you play your best players so you can win?

No issues with any of those guys getting some time, even if special teams or whatever if its their final game in a Miami uniform. Now if it were the playoffs, I would see things a bit differently. But it's not. The game is essentially meaningless.

Advertisement
I'm sorry is this a Pee Wee football team with participation trophies? No. Rosie has gotten a free degree and work on his masters all for free while probably outkicking his coverage with some chicks by being the starting QB as long as he was.

And no you cannot get an idea of what a guy can do especially with this offense as you might get one drive maybe two in and they might consist of two three and outs with running the ball 4 times and only 2 drop back passes... would that have you feeling good on what you have?

I am not going to argue over Richt's play calling. In my opinion if you are evaluating your qbs you don't want them just handing off. That is a whole other issue and not what is being argued.

No issues with any of those guys getting some time, even if special teams or whatever if its their final game in a Miami uniform. Now if it were the playoffs, I would see things a bit differently. But it's not. The game is essentially meaningless.

It's not meaningless. No college football game is meaningless. Ending the year on a positive note, to what was a crappy season is not meaningless. Also, the first game up on deck is UF. I'd like to not roll out a QB (Williams) that has zero experience against a division 1 defense. If it's a meaningless game, make it mean something by getting quality snaps for the young guys you're going to be counting on, like Campbell, Ezzard, Williams, etc... Not living up to some nostalgic period because you decided to hold onto the memories of Rosier of last year; completely ignoring Rosier of this year.

We can definitely agree to disagree. I think was a healthy coversation.

I don't mind him getting one series. At the end of the game. Malik taking three knees to Run out the clock after Jarren leads us to a victory🙌.

Advertisement
I am not going to argue over Richt's play calling. In my opinion if you are evaluating your qbs you don't want them just handing off. That is a whole other issue and not what is being argued.

This game is a projection into next season since this isnt a big time bowl...

Lets be honest our next big game is week 1 against the Gaytors and it is a MUST win for this staff otherwise their seats are read hot and it seems no one is wanting to give Richt as much time as they gave golden

Also if Jarren balls the coaches get at least some praise until next season. They have a week until the game Richt has to get him ready

Whether we win or lose is not going to make or break the program. In that sense, the game is not terribly meaningful. But in terms of grooming and evaluating the future QB, after additional practices, the game is a great opportunity. Williams should play every down, barring injury. To suggest otherwise shows how little one cares about football.

If Malik had started the entire year and been the captain of the team during a good season, then out of respect you let him finish it out.

Since he was already benched a few times throughout a difficult and poorly played season, you use this bowl game to see what you have for next year. You can't mess around when you have UF week 1 and FSU week 4.

Advertisement
Back