Jarren Williams

Legendary1

Recruit
Banned
Why not play Williams the last 3 games (and bowl game if we make one)? He can play as much as he can and still redshirt, right? Either he is gonna be our QB of the future or the QB of the future isn’t here yet.

Advertisement
Williams will be given a look. Only 3 games left and he has only played in one. Canes could be looking at walk on as 3rd string qb next year.

gents, just a check-point, I posted this on another thread...

don't put all your expectations on Williams; we are setting ourselves for more disappointment as he is really an unknown.
We did the same for KW and Jacory as our Saviors.
Right now Williams is just another guy on the roster.

Winning breeds more winning. We just need to win with the 2 we have playing now and not hang our hopes on a savior.

Advertisement
Personally I don't think it will make much of a difference with another QB. This is all coaching. Richt is a loser...

Why not play Williams the last 3 games (and bowl game if we make one)? He can play as much as he can and still redshirt, right? Either he is gonna be our QB of the future or the QB of the future isn’t here yet.
why are you concerned about a red shirt. good players leave in 3 years.. days of redshirt are just about gone.. figure it out

don't put all your expectations on Williams; we are setting ourselves for more disappointment as he is really an unknown.

Winning breeds more winning. We just need to win with the 2 we have playing now and not hang our hopes on a savior.

This. He’ll complete a few more passes but he is running the same garbage system that the others have been

Advertisement
At this point, the truth of the matter is Jarren is probably being used as a "bargaining point" Richt has against program onlookers.

With the new rules, is there any sensible reason to not have him get any snaps? No!

Would him playing and the passing game look nitemarish further establish the likely reality that our play caller and QB coach are not fit for their jobs? YES

To a guy that wants him and his son to keep their jobs,...that's probably all that matters at this point.

Considering Williams has the same development team that perry and rosier have, it’s probably foolish to expect much different.

Advertisement
Back